Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Most desireable of each group of C's

Gohot

Corvette
1982 C3
Ok I'll admit I'm new to the older Corvettes, in fact the only one I ever owned before was a 94 LT1 with the glass-top. I'm not offending anyone, it was 'bichen', but ultimatly stock and sort of pedestrian as Corvette's go. Oh I had a lot of fun in it, but there seemed to be thousands of them around at the time. I always like the 60's through 80's body styles the 'Coke Bottle and Shark bodies', they just seemed to have gobs of personality gushing forth. Again, that's not to take from the entire line-up. But in each phase of body style, I was wondering your thoughts on the one most desireable of the body group? I personally have a 1982 C3 with extra low mileage, in I'd say #8.5 to 9 condition. It only needs either a dash cap or a dash pad to be primo. I mean it's primo to me, but being judged, thats a different story. But back to desireability...... what do you think were the 'Best' years, and Why?

No disrespect, but all you're going to get on this topic are personal opinions. Everybody and his brother has a favorites list.

FWIW: your font is a little difficult to read.

:)

The best, most desireable C5 is obviously the 2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition!!

CAC6.jpgCAC8.jpgCAC5.jpg

I am with VHM on this one....hard to beat a yellow '73 :thumb

vette9-16-08008.jpg

Generally, it would appear that the last of a generation would be most desirable because they have the most improvements. Exceptions abound in the Corvette world.

'53 .vs. '55 or '62 (C1's have too many body changes to all be C1 if you ask me) '53 is most desirable due to rarity.

'63 .vs. '67 - split window still takes the cake but a '67 427 convertible would be my choice.

Sharks - I like the '73 but an '82 CE is real nice (except for the Crossfire engine).

C4 - '95 ZR1 or '96 GS

C5 - I'm with BigJim --- '04 Z06 CE

C6 - probably will be ??? I'll go out on a limb and say either the ZR1 or the 427 Vert CE. I'll take the 427 Vert CE

I like the 1980-1982 corvettes.love the body.
I think it's the sleekest of all the vettes:thumb:thumb:thumb

As 6880Mike said, there's alot of personal likes based on the owners particular ownership. Tuna came closest to my question though as a concensus of what atributes would make a particular representative of the model group. I'd like to believe it would be a first introduction and the last year of build unless there was some outstanding addition in the powertrain or suspension or the like during that model run.

I guess additionally I should have specified 'what mechanical or aesthetic' properties might have made a 'more' desireable model.

I thought this was about the C3's! Humm... no wounder they don't like the X-Fires. I would say a Vettte you can take a trip longer than a day with someone and not strap the bag's on the outside of the car would fit and who doesn't love the curves.. So I would say it's the 78 to 82 models.:thumb

I'll say 1970,the best of the chrome bumper sharks.( I may be a little biased )

For the rest i'll go with 57,63,95 ZR-1,04 CE, and new 427 Conv.

The best of the C3's

A Nevada Silver LT-1!

Attachments

• Fall_car_pics 010.jpg
    Fall_car_pics 010.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 122
'59 and '69 - I don't own either but wish I did. 59 and 60 was after they changed to double headlights, but before they took the teeth out of the grille and flattened the rear. 69 because, well, a shark should have gills!! I still don't get calling them 'sharks' because the original design was called the 'Mako Shark II'. Even though they stopped calling them stingray in 76, they actually look more like a stingray, even more so than the C2's.

While strictly based on personal preference here is my list;

C1 = 1956 - 57; I think they're the cleanest design and could be had with the fule injection or dual four barrels.

C2 = This is a toss up between the 1963 split window, for obvious reasons and the 1967 427 convertible.

C3 = 1969 coupe; I like the side gills on the 68-69's the best and I prefer the small, round turn signals in the grille better than the later years. I chose the '69 over the '68 due to the interior.

C4 = 1996 Collector Edition LT4; I think the silver color looks great on the C4 and the LT4 is a great engine.

C5 = any year Z06; I just like the FRC body style and the Z06 is an animal.

C6 = Z06; I prefer the Z06 over the ZR1 because I don't care for the hood on the ZR1. I might also go with a Grand Sport convertible; has the great Z06 styling and it's a convertible.

"My" LT was GREAT!

A Nevada Silver LT-1!

But the next one (late model) will be better.

Whenever I drove the LT-1 my head felt like it was on a swivel - too much worry about things that "might" happen.
I worried about people, other drivers, the engine, etc. It was a GREAT car but things just can't be replaced like they
can be with a newer car. I took good care of the car and never had an issue, thankfully.

My neighbor has a beautiful 2003, 50th anniversary vette, and I was always envious of the fact that he didn't store it
during the winter months and would even take it out for a drive in February or March, when my car was in winter
storage.

On the other hand, my car made the earth beneath you feel like it was shaking (racing cam) - it drove and felt like a
vette (in my mind) should. I was so glad that when I had my first ride in my neighbors car that it felt more like I was in a
caddy than a corvette - it just didn't have that "feel."

Now that my car has been sold I would like something that I can drive in the warm weather (mine was EXTREMELY HOT- no air
in '70 - '71 LT-1 vettes) and a car that I can drive for more than 45 minutes before my insides start hurting!;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom