Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mounting 69 Side exhaust Help?/ PST Bushings

R

RizzoRat

Can anyone send me pictures of how they mounted their 69 Style Side Exhaust (Covers and all) Any instructions, pointers, advice would be greatly appreciated it.

I also just bought these PST Polygraphite Bushings, and they seem to be long for the control arm shaft. It seems that the shaft is 3/8 ' away from the top of the bushing. Has anyone else had such situations?

Best bet is to borrow a 69 AIM and check out the factory installation method. You have to cut a significant amount of fiberglass off of the front lower fender and the front of the rear quarter panel on both sides. The covers use the same holes as the rocker panels for mounting. In addition, there is a "Z" shaped bracket in the back which supports the cover. The pipe itself mounts in the rear using a carriage bolt through the frame. Hope this helps. I would check the AIM before I started cutting. Chuck

I read that poly bushings have to be fitted for the control arm. I would think they would send you some instuctions with the bushings. There is a book which I think is called "weekend corvette projects" that I read which tells you how to do this. I got the book at the public Library. It has a red corvette on the cover being washed by a guy and girl. I am pretty sure that was the book,,it was awhile back I read it.

You should call the manufacter of the bushings. They can probably give you instuctions.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom