Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Msd 6 ????

SMOKINGJOE

Corvette
1967 B/B Coupe w/AC + 3:08
Hi All
I installed a Crane Cams XR-I point conversion last year and have been happy with it. Now I’m installing an MSD 6 ignition box. I mounted the box under the right front fender above the heat/blower motor. Everything fits very nice and it runs better then before. My question refers to either connecting the wires on the Ballast Resistor with a strap of wire between the terminals or removing it. Maybe I can use a connection block of some kind. MSD does not required a Ballast Resistor so I looking for some ideas. I like the change to look good.
If I jump out the resistor, what gauge wire should be used and is that good to do.
Anyone have any ideas
:beer :beer

You can put the wires on one side of the terminals on the resistor if you want to leave it in place.If you want to remove it You can just nut and bolt the wires togethere thru the ring terminals (this way you keep the original terminals) or just splice them them togethere with a butt splice.

SMOKINGJOE, Are you aware that MSD has a distributor for the Chev with a mechanical tach drive - with or with out vaccum advance. Works well with the 6A and is a easy hook up. Steve

Thanks for the help guys.:beer :beer :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom