Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mufflers???

evolution, this is not the greatest pic, but are these the pipes you ordered?
Feb_4.jpg

If so, the interior noise is quite respectable, but it will make heads turn, as you pass at WOT. :D

Yup, that's them. The only difference is, I ordered them with the squared tips. They sound great! :)

Alan
On second thoughts, mine were ordered from MAD, product 603-470. Looks just like them, except with ZR-1 styled tips.

I saw those ones with the squared tips but I am extremely budget minded (that happens with three kids) Since it was 150 for the mufflers and another 40 to install. I thought the targas would suffice. Plus they still look good and shouldn't be any difference in performance. I didnt want to wait and save up since the muffler that was on was already broken. (I had visions of the thing falling off on the freway and ripping the crap out of my bumper). Besides I am very happy with the targas.

Mufflers

I have an '85 with the chrome tip ZR1 "mufflers" that sound quite good and an '86 with the targa mufflers. They are a bit louder then the ZR1 but both sound good, in my opinion. Of course the most quite car I own is a restored '55 Chevy with a 350 and glass paks. :)

Neither of the above "mufflers" should really be classified as mufflers though. They are more like muffler eliminators. But I live in an area where that does not seem to be a problem. What with all the bees buzzing around from every stop sign. (Hondas, Geo's etc.)

Good luck with your decision..........

I have the Flowmaster cat backs on my '87 with different chrome tips as I didn't care for what the originals looked like! They sound great, not too loud, not too quiet, and definitely helped the performance side out too.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom