Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Muncie clutchfork & ballstud questions.

Paranoid

Corvette
1970 454 4sp Coupe
Do these two pictures look like the clutchfork is in the center of the opening? The first picture is the original 1970 M-20 I removed from my Vette. In this picture the ball stud is 1.5 inches:

1970originalSB1.5_inch_ball_stud_005__small_.jpg

This picture is the BB I'm working on. It too utilizes stock internals but the question is whether I have the correct ball stud. I'm not sure what size this ball stud is but it looks pretty darn close to me.

1970_bb_clutch_fork_position_m-22_003__small_.jpg

Thanks
Len :)

Dang 67Heaven.... that is awesome! I'm gonna keep that for meself for future reference! This might explain why I keep breaking off the fork prong on one side.... oooopppssssiiii.

Now I find out how to adjust ball stud after the fact!! Oh well, my clutch works great, no pedal or clutch chatter, however, I have a lakewood bellhousing and didn"t use a adjustable ball stud. This was on car when I bought it. I just resurfaced flywheel, new clutch, plate, bearing, fork. Also have rod end linkage. Fully adjustable. Now, would that let me achieve proper arm travel, but at the same time not provide for proper geometry? Maybe there's nothing to be concerned about here cause everything really does work terrific.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom