Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Muskegon brakes

C

crow

Hello Everybody,

Hey has anyone purchased brake calipers from Muskegon Brakes . I have seen their ads in Vette mag and the prices look good , I wonder if the quality is good .
Thx crow

I have ordered a total of 3 sets of calipers, brake hoses & semi-metallic pads from Muskegon, and so far I am very impressed with both the parts & the company. I ordered my first caliper after meeting them at Bloomington Gold 2001 (very friendly & helpful people). Then in July of this year I developed a leak in my other rear caliper and ordered a replacement for it. Unfortunately when I bled both rear brakes, I found that the 1 year old caliper had a faulty bleed valve and would no longer seal. I called Muskegon and they replaced the caliper free of charge!
In typical Shark fashion, my third (left front) caliper then decided that it wanted to be replaced too. It was just 4 days before Funfest, and Muskegon came through for me again, with time to spare!
All in all, I highly recommend them as a parts supplier (same parts as Mid America & Corvette Central, but quite a bit cheaper). I might also suggest that if needed, go ahead and replace your calipers in pairs, because once one goes bad, the others are sure to follow soon!

Good Luck!

Thanks Dougvette79 , I think I am going to buy the 4 caliper set and do all of them at once
crow

I ordered their brake kit back in 1997, I have not had a problem with them. Just don't use the organic pads that come with the kit. They do not stop well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom