Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary mustang sound!

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

dannykelley

Corvette
!((#white coupe
I'm thinking of changes mufflers or whatever it takes, to get a sound at least as good as what mustangs have...something above what is standard on factory 93, yet not overbearing inside. Has anyone switched standard to something else? (magnaflow, flowmaster etc) with gradifying results?

Last edited:
:welcome

CORSA - nice and loud without being unbearable inside the car - adds rear wheel HP also.

hello and welcome
and yes i also like the rumble of the Mustang

Why would anyone want a Corvette to sound like a Mustang?.

Maybe you should buy a Mustang.
Just sayin'......

A4152.jpg I used these from KBD on my 89 C4 and they sounded a heck of a lot better than a Mustang..... And, this is what they sound like. (not mine but just like it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtqcGQPFPo

Last edited:
There are two ways to go with this situation

1) You can just change the mufflers which will change the sound (and how the sound changes depends purely on what muffler you buy) but likely will not change the car's performance in a practical manner.

2) You can change the entire exhasut system from the cats back (and, again, how the sound changes depends on what exhaust system you buy) and get a slight gain in performance.

There will be a big difference in cost between the two.

The first thing you need to decide is: "Do I want to spend a modest amount to just change the sound" or "Do I want to spend a lot more and change the sound and the performance."

Last edited:
When I changed my exhaust, the front Y pipe was changed to an "off road use only" no pre cat type, the catalytic converter was replaced with a performance cat and the big a$$ mufflers were replaced with the KBD's. Not a lot of performance difference but it sure sounded better.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom