Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mustangs Sound Better ?

C

CAJUN C4

I Really Hate to Ask This Question But Why Do Mustangs Exhausts Seem To Sound Better ,Stock, Than Our Vettes? I heard Somewhere That It's Because of Their Firing Order? God Forbid.

I'm right there with you...don't know the reason why...I hate to admit it 'cause i'm not a Ford fan...BUT even back in the '80s the stock Mustang exhaust sounded great and w/aftermarket even better. Very "sweet" sounding:)

Both of my Mustangs sound better than my Vette. My 94 has headers, H pipes, and Flowmasters, and blows the sound of the vette away. My Vette has ARK performance exhaust from front to back and it isnt even close.

I've never really noticed Mustang exhaust. All I ever really notice is the little silver horsie disappearing in the rear view:Steer. Sorry, you laid it right out there and I couldn't resist;LOL.

I have to admit though, my 85 Chevy truck sounds better at idle than my Vette. All it has is a fairly stock 305 with a high flow cat and flowmasters and it sounds like it's all cammed up and ready to roll.

The answer is simple..... the chevy engine runs more efficient doesn't run in the exhaust like a ford. Retard your timing richen the mixture you have the ford sound. :rotfl:rotfl

That work for you ? ;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL

Glenn
:w

The answer is simple..... the chevy engine runs more efficient doesn't run in the exhaust like a ford. Retard your timing richen the mixture you have the ford sound. :rotfl:rotfl

That work for you ? ;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL

Glenn
:w
:thumb:thumb:thumb

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

:beer

I had a 87 Mustang 5.0 LX, it was a nice car but it didn't have the same effect as a Vette. I thought insurance was high for the Mustang, I'm covering both of my Vette's for what it cost for the Mustang.....

I had a 87 Mustang 5.0 LX, it was a nice car but it didn't have the same effect as a Vette. I thought insurance was high for the Mustang, I'm covering both of my Vette's for what it cost for the Mustang.....
How old were you when you had the LX????? That might have been the reason for the high ins.

I was about 35yo. The Mustang was a daily driver, none of my Vette's were DD, might be a contributing reason.........

The Mustang was over a Grand in 1989, I'm paying less than $500 a car for te Vette's I have now. I've had the same Insurance Co.for years, I shopped around when I had the Mustang and some Ins. co. would not cover me on that car as new business with a clean driving record..........

How old were you when you had the LX????? That might have been the reason for the high ins.

Several years ago when I was still kicking tires, part of what I looked into was insurance costs and a corvette compared to a mustang or Fbody car of similiar value was significantly lower. My agent told me that it was due in part because of the likelyness of each car filing a claim, basically corvettes are generally owned by a more mature and responsible person than the other cars resulting in fewer claims and less cost to the insurance company. I don't remember for sure, but I think chances of each car being stolen helped out the corvette too.

I Really Hate to Ask This Question But Why Do Mustangs Exhausts Seem To Sound Better ,Stock, Than Our Vettes? I heard Somewhere That It's Because of Their Firing Order? God Forbid.

For better or for worse, yes it is the firing order.

My 98 Camaro SS sounds pretty good with the Borla exhaust. I think the Mustang has a good sound because of the physical design of the exhaust system itself.

I took a picture next to a vette when I was 10, I still regret that day.

Well, since we're sharing, When I was in ninth grade, I'd ride my bicycle to Charles St., sit on the curb and stare at the front end of a 64 Red Conv., I've been hooked ever since, I marveled at how the Vette looked like it was moving standing still and six Vette's later..............I'll be ok

One of the Best Summer Jobs a Teenager Could ever Dream of is I was Hired as a Car hop at a Chevy Dealership in New Orleans.In between we would Drive,Back in the Parking Lot, the Vettes. We Moved em around just so we could drive them.These were 1966' s and Older.I never will forget that Job.

the best sounding stock vehicle i ever owned by far was my 95 f150 with a 351.... not only did it sound nice it was fast as hell for a pickup..... could run with just about anything out there from stop light to stop light.... god i miss that truck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom