Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My 76 Project Pics Loaded

76ers

Corvette
1976 Blue Coupe
Another friendly member suggested VillagePhoto as a way to show you guys and gals my new project car. Just bought her two weeks ago and everything is still pretty much in the planning and exploring phase, so not a lot of rusty scars and tetanus shots yet, but I know they are coming. I've already got great advice on unsticking the passenger side hood latch, so this forum has already been worth its weight in gold! Looking forward to your help and showing the progress photos as we wander through C3 land.

The link is:
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1626329

Welcome to CAC!

Looks like you have a LOT of work ahead of you.

As you have already figured out, CAC is a great resource as you take off on this adventure.

Keep us posted on progress!

and i thought *I* had a project car!
It does look like a lot to do but the end result will be worth it!

oceangal said:
and i thought *I* had a project car!
It does look like a lot to do but the end result will be worth it!

Fortunately, "mama" didn't even blink an eye when I brought it home. She at least knows my passion for cars and my love for Vettes. We are both working hard at all the planning stages to make sure we get it the way we want. She just keeps asking when I plan on being done so she can drive it!!!!

76ers said:
Fortunately, "mama" didn't even blink an eye when I brought it home. She at least knows my passion for cars and my love for Vettes. We are both working hard at all the planning stages to make sure we get it the way we want. She just keeps asking when I plan on being done so she can drive it!!!!
Thats a good woman! :)

76ers said:

Good Luck! on your project from a fellow owner of a 76' ! We are all eager for you to get out on the road for your first drive!

Chad

Well, the steering wheel looks pretty good. Looks like you have your work cut out for you, but it will be alot of fun (and agony), and as oceangal said, the end result will be worth it. Good luck to you on your project and keep us posted.

$OUCH$
Good luck with your project. -John

Best of luck Richard. Be patient and persistent. Your project looks like it will present many challenges, but your enthusiasm is at the right level for this task. Keep us posted on the progress.

Mike :w

More than I would chew. Good luck.

Do you think you will be finished by next week?

Matt

I admire your vision. Keep us updated thoughout the process.. We all love a good come back Vette..

:w
-Stefan

WOW, good luck to you and yours, thats a lot of work, keep us informed, and keep a photo journal.

Cheers

Richard

A fellow '76 owner....Hope you are able to do a large portion of the work yourself. If so, you will save a CONSIDERABLE amount of cash.....Ask questions.......I'll bite.....what color will she be??????

Andy

yellow77 said:
WOW, good luck to you and yours, thats a lot of work, keep us informed, and keep a photo journal.

Cheers

Richard

Welcome to CAC looks like you have a lot of work ahead. Are you going to go back stock or will you give a much needed injection of Horsepower? :D

Mine wasn't running when I bought it; but yours needs more work ;)
I have been using Village Photos for a long time an am quite satisfied with them, I just kept bumping my plan up as I added more stuff
and a Sony Camera to boot.
Craig sr.

Andy said:
A fellow '76 owner....Hope you are able to do a large portion of the work yourself. If so, you will save a CONSIDERABLE amount of cash.....Ask questions.......I'll bite.....what color will she be??????

Andy

We are going black outside with red interior with black accents. The center of the hood will sport a Texas Longhorn skull with Texas flag painted in the interior lines of the skull. Mama said yellow, but changed her mind when I told her what I had in mind.

BoeingMan said:
More than I would chew. Good luck.

Do you think you will be finished by next week?

Matt

Well, maybe really late Sunday night. Assuming the paint is dry and the tank is full......oh wait, did I mention what year?:L

bossvette said:
Welcome to CAC looks like you have a lot of work ahead. Are you going to go back stock or will you give a much needed injection of Horsepower? :D

Mine wasn't running when I bought it; but yours needs more work ;)
I have been using Village Photos for a long time an am quite satisfied with them, I just kept bumping my plan up as I added more stuff
and a Sony Camera to boot.
Craig sr.

I hope the only thing stock left on this car will be the license plate frame on the rear. The rest will be directly related to gettin down the road in the bare minimum amount of clock activity. Still a lot of decisions to make and ponder, but I'm guessing around 10:5 to 1 compression and build out from there. Low 11 ETs would be okay.:D

Project 76

About how much does a project like this cost at the start. Just curious.

lucky76 said:
About how much does a project like this cost at the start. Just curious.

At Day 22, I have ordered about $1600 worth of parts. This has mostly been the fiberglass on the front end, including a non-stock hood (Mid -America). The new floor pans are $260 each. The interior of the car, i.e., seats, carpet, dash, console, will all just about have to be replaced. I estimated $2600 for this, but that may turn out to be a little low. The rest of the car, at the moment, appears to just be a lot of cleaning, sand-blasting, and fiberglass body work. Engine/drivetrain also appear to be in fair shape, but just needs a lot of cleaning, new seals, etc. The suspension is the "X" factor since I don't have a clue how good or bad it is right now. I bought the car not knowing how it handles, but since I am going all the way to the frame with the restoration, I figured it's a good time to redo all the suspension bushings, get rid of the rear steel leafs, (going monoleaf here), and such.
I'm not a "body" man, and have no experience with fiberglass. I am, however, an extremely good composites repair person, since this is one of the things I have taught aircraft mechanics, so I am going to teach myself fiberglass repair. I will try one small portion of the car. If it works, I'm on it. If not, I will be paying someone else.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom