Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My absence from the CAC lately

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
As most of you are now well aware, it has been quite a long time since I have posted on this Forum. The reason is because of the additionnel work load ( read that as being multiple projects ) that I have taken on lately.

For starters, I have drawn up plans, and will be building an additionnel 20' by 40' detached garage on my property as soon as the snow melts. This new construction will give me three more bays for some much needed Corvette storage, and also some additionnel workspace.

As for the projects, I am in the process of restoring/rebuilding no less then three mid-year Corvettes, an orignal 1944 WWII GPW military jeep & trailer, and as if all that was not enough, I am also scratch building an STOL aircraft, ( check pic ) from factory plans, complete with floats.

So as you can see, all this is not giving me much leisure time in front of the keyboard, and that is why I have not been able to participate, and won't be anytime soon, in any of the Corvettte related threads.

A very Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to everyone.

Stepinwolf

Did anyone notice I used the words Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays, well, that's because I no longer have the intention of sounding " politically correct " ;LOL

Thanks for the update, Robert.

Is that plane project gonna be numbers matching? :D

attachment.php

:w

Another guy with a garage project... plus multiple projects ongoing... wow!!

Belated Merry Christmas plus a prosperous & healthy New Year to you, sir!!

-Mac

Just remember, you can never have enough cleco's. :w
I used to teach Airframe and PowerPlant.
I looked at the web site you posted and it looked pretty straitforward. Have Fun.
Always keep the work table clean so you don't scratch the metal.

Just remember, you can never have enough cleco's. :w
I used to teach Airframe and PowerPlant.
I looked at the web site you posted and it looked pretty straitforward. Have Fun.
Always keep the work table clean so you don't scratch the metal.

Thank's for your recommendations. As for the cleco's, I just purchased and received 600 of them in the three sizes that are used in the construction.

Stepinwolf

You want to see an average take off, just click here http://www.zenithair.com/stolch701/videos.html and pick the second from the top, you'l be amazed

Hi Robert,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
hope to see you in Carlisle again this year!!!!

Hi Robert,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
hope to see you in Carlisle again this year!!!!

Bill, God willing I will be there once again, and with much more time on my hands for social activities since building three cars, dosen't leave a guy many extra parts to sell. :W

Stepinwolf

Stepinwolf said:
Did anyone notice I used the words Merry Christmas and not Happy Holidays, well, that's because I no longer have the intention of sounding " politically correct " ;LOL

Robert my friend:

I can remember you actually sounding "policitally correct", oh let's see, NEVER ! ! ! ;LOL And I love you for it as you are a dinosaur just like me.:D

A healthy and prosperous New Year in 2008 is my wish for all of us.

Rich:beer

You better believe it Bob, it's a Zenith CH 701 http://www.zenithair.com/ and everything will be done as per their recommendations, including the engine.

Stepinwolf

what, no ZZ572BB motor?? :D

Merry Christmas Bob!

BTW, when were you ever politically correct on any of the boards? ;LOL ;LOL
I always preferred your straight forward approach and responses

Bob,
I don't get here very often but my best wishes to you from Ottawa!

Paul

Thank you for your best wishes. :)

I'm sorry to hear that you don't get around here more often Paul, because there are a whole bunch of terrific people on the CAC Forum. As for myself, my life has been enriched, from my participation.

:CAC

Stepinwolf

If your situation lasts for more then four hours, whatever you do don't call your doctor, instead call all your old girlfriends :boogie

Put a C2 plate on it and it will be correct.

Hi, Bob - good to see you back again! Neat airplane - slats and flaperons like a Fieseler Storch - nice STOL setup! I had a DeHavilland Beaver (450hp P&W) attached to my Gunship company, and you could damn near hover it if you had about a 30-35 knot wind :).

Hi, Bob - good to see you back again! Neat airplane - slats and flaperons like a Fieseler Storch - nice STOL setup! I had a DeHavilland Beaver (450hp P&W) attached to my Gunship company, and you could damn near hover it if you had about a 30-35 knot wind :).

Nice to talk to you again John, and thank you for your kind words.

Yes John, look's like she's going to be a fun little plane. Takes off ( at gross weight ) in 90', climbs 1200 fpm at an almost 45º angle, and stalls at 30 ( it won't drop a wing, it just mushes slowly down , wings level ) .

I feel it is time for me to get back in the air for some quality time, before I'm too old to do so..

Keep well, and drive safe my friend.
:beer
Stepinwolf

Bob,
Thanks for the greetings. My flame is flickering on Corvettes. Just musing about but thinking about a 1965 Pontiac GTO convertible these days.

Bob,
Thanks for the greetings. My flame is flickering on Corvettes. Just musing about but thinking about a 1965 Pontiac GTO convertible these days.

Paul, if your flame ever flickers out, I would still be interested ( price permitting ) in the auto/consul that you removed from the car a few years ago.

That 65 GTO is a beautiful ride, and will certainly turn many more heads that your Green coupe. Good luck , and let me know about the consul.

Best regards
Bob

Bob,
I'll still hang on to the 1967 console. For goodness sake, there are many out there, original and repro.

Bob,
I'll still hang on to the 1967 console. For goodness sake, there are many out there, original and repro.

Paul, nobody makes repros of the consul, so I need to find an original such as yours. Maby some day you might just need something I have and we can look into a trade. !

Stepinwolf

Thanks, Bob. I guess original 1967 consoles can be pretty rare.

In any case, it is New Year's Eve. Have a great one!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom