Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My absence from the CAC lately

Thanks, Bob. I guess original 1967 consoles can be pretty rare.

In any case, it is New Year's Eve. Have a great one!

Paul, the only reason the automatics are rare is because nobody wants them. The proof is in the pudding, since you yourself, did not see fit to use it and replaced everything with a manual setup. Not too many people want to go the oposite route.

Have a Healthy New Year

Bob

Hey Bob,
All the Best to you in your up and coming projects and of course Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. The important thing is your mind is still clicking and your hands are busy and your moving forward.

That's one of the keys to long life.....of course ..Beer and Women are also important to clean out the cob webs. So...make sure you make time for some R&R.

Looking forward to seeing you again and your Associates at 2008 Carlisle.

:beer

Hey Bob,
All the Best to you in your up and coming projects and of course Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. The important thing is your mind is still clicking and your hands are busy and your moving forward.

That's one of the keys to long life.....of course ..Beer and Women are also important to clean out the cob webs. So...make sure you make time for some R&R.

Looking forward to seeing you again and your Associates at 2008 Carlisle.

:beer

You know very well Mark that God willing I will be show, wouldn't miss it for anything, nor the Friday night invite. ;)

Hope you have a very Happy and Healty New Year.

Stepinwolf

Bob,
Thanks for the greetings. My flame is flickering on Corvettes. Just musing about but thinking about a 1965 Pontiac GTO convertible these days.

saw this one at a show 2 years ago Paul and fell in love with '65 GTO's right than and there! i'd love to add one to the "collection" someday......

page172-1045-full.jpg

Paul, the only reason the automatics are rare is because nobody wants them. The proof is in the pudding, since you yourself, did not see fit to use it and replaced everything with a manual setup. Not too many people want to go the oposite route.

Have a Healthy New Year

Bob

Bob,
Must be a case of mistaken identity. The Powerglide is still in place.

interior07B001.jpg

Barry,
This is a local car that I used to drool over. I didn't see it at the shows last summer though.

gto1.jpg

Bob,
Must be a case of mistaken identity. The Powerglide is still in place.

Sorry Paul,

I must have had a brain fart, age does that to you, you know. I am well aware that you have a spare consol, so if it wasen't removed from your car , then I don't remember where it came from.

Besides, I try and not make too many nistakes in my messages.

regards
Bob

Bob,
No problem. The half-century mark passed a few years ago for me and I have moments as well. My original console had a few minor scratches and pits so a couple of years ago I picked up another original (not repro) on EBay. It is a wee bit better and is on the car now. So in essence, I have two originals.

For my less-than-spirited driving the Powerglide with 327/300 is just fine. It does lack rpm/shift ranges to take advantage of the 327/300 low end torque. I had visions last year of installing a 200R4 but for personal reasons the Corvette was a low priority. I am once again thinking of that transplant if I can find a source in Canada for the unit and conversion talent. I cannot do it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom