Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Black 2016 Z51 Stingray

Kathleen

Corvette
2016 Z51 Black Stingray
Hello Members and Happy Thursday! My name is Kathleen. My question is this: In late December 2016, a young girl rear ended me. Long story short, my girl managed to survive this hit well. The only damage to the eye was the bottom bumper was tweaked and the license plate holder and plate damaged. So, $14,000 later (as the tub was damaged) she was repaired at the dealer from which I brought her. When I finally got her back, I noticed a dent to the left of the Corvette Emblem. There is no dent to the right of the Corvette Emblem. The Dealer is saying that all Corvettes have these little dents, it looks like a dimple to me. They are saying it is manufactured that way. Because my girl is black, they are saying you can see it more. Well my question is why can't I see the dimple to the right of the Corvette Emblem if this is how it is made? They walked the Dealership during the day and said they could see the dimples on the darker cars, but impossible on the lighter colors. Has anyone heard of this or seen it? My girl is back in the shop as they messed up the paint job with swirls. Thank you so very much for your feedback. Kathleen

Hello Members and Happy Thursday! My name is Kathleen. My question is this: In late December 2016, a young girl rear ended me. Long story short, my girl managed to survive this hit well. The only damage to the eye was the bottom bumper was tweaked and the license plate holder and plate damaged. So, $14,000 later (as the tub was damaged) she was repaired at the dealer from which I brought her. When I finally got her back, I noticed a dent to the left of the Corvette Emblem. There is no dent to the right of the Corvette Emblem. The Dealer is saying that all Corvettes have these little dents, it looks like a dimple to me. They are saying it is manufactured that way. Because my girl is black, they are saying you can see it more. Well my question is why can't I see the dimple to the right of the Corvette Emblem if this is how it is made? They walked the Dealership during the day and said they could see the dimples on the darker cars, but impossible on the lighter colors. Has anyone heard of this or seen it? My girl is back in the shop as they messed up the paint job with swirls. Thank you so very much for your feedback. Kathleen

Well I got my answer from GM today. They said that no Vettes have a dimple to the right and left of the Corvette Emblem. So I am happy. Will show email to my Dealer who said all Vettes have this dimple. Yeah, right.

I would never trust a darn dealer they'll tell you anything to get out of doing the right thing.

Welcome to CAC. :w Post some pictures of your baby when you time.

Never heard of this! Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER

-Bill

That dealership is playing you!

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!

Hi Kathleen,

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center!! Glad you pursued the dimple issue. Let us know what the dealership says about that!! :L

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom