Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My body is back on the frame

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
So this is what I was doing last week end ,Relocating the motor back about 3/8th of an inch Pretty much the frame was bear except for the rear center section and the motor

50097704-5481-02000180-.jpg

This is how close the motor is to the fire wall

50097338-8e65-02000180-.jpg

This is how close it is to the front rack

50097573-5fdf-02000180-.jpg

Engine bay

50097703-8e89-02000180-.jpg

The carb just sticks out a tad too much for a stock hood

50097587-dfa5-02000180-.jpg

So if all goes well this is the stance I want,I just have to make sure nothing hits My wife is not happy with it and want the car to be level, she said it looks like I am trying to go pro street

50097580-2d94-02000180-.jpg

I worked my butt off over the last 2 week ends

http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=3466507&link_code=sa01_17

WOW....I am speechless....and that isn't easy to do.....Larry, that is GREAT....and while your wife may not like the stance....all I can say....is WOW....I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, all the good adjectives have been used! :)

Larry, all your hard work is paying off. The car looks incredible!!
you are that much closer to getting her ready for Carlisle. Can't wait to see her there in person

Larry,

All the pics in that album look great, I hope that wasn't the realitives dog with the basketball in thoose pics.

Tom M

Beautiful work, Larry!!

-Mac

Sting Ray said:
Larry,

All the pics in that album look great, I hope that wasn't the realitives dog with the basketball in thoose pics.

Tom M

Nope that one is mine ,she is tiny compaired to the other beasts.I was actually at my brothers home fixing a ruptured pipe and the dogs just followed me around as I was working happy as could be.

Thank you for all the genorous comments.

I was out in the garage late last night and real earley this morning.I picked up the trans from the builder on friday night and lost alot of time on saturday morning getting it painted.I set the golas for the week end to have the body back on the frame.

I had commited to helping 2 people on Sunday and actually came back in the house at 4 pm to shower and leave. I told my wife I was done I just was out of energy.I just thought I would have to deal with the body at a different time,and it was ok to miss one deadline

I took care of my 2 commitments and when I got home just took out the tools and decided to get the body on the frame.(thats why I am in flip flops and so clean in the picture) I am thrilled I got the body back on.

I do have to say that was the most stressfull body drop I have done this with car build to date.Every thing is soo close and the engine crane does not roll good on the drive way .I will get it on the lift and see if I have any clearance problems and start connecting every thing.

I still got a long way to go but all of the plastic containers I have been storing my parts in are starting to empty out so I must be getting close. The hood is a bit of a bummer as it fit with the motor, manifold and carb . I used to test every thing I only raised it up 3/16th of an inch.I have 1/4" body mounts and may go to a taller one like 1/2" or 3/4" but that would open up the area between the tire and the wheel well.(allso give me better inner wheel well clearances .Right now if I had a soft rear tire it would rub the inner wheel well.

John McGraw what are you using for frame mounts? how thick are they

your project

Larry
Your car looks really good. A lot of hard work for you, but your effort has really paid off.
take care
Tom

IH2LOSE said:
The hood is a bit of a bummer as it fit with the motor, manifold and carb I used to test every thing. I only raised it up 3/16th of an inch..
Larry:

I am facing a similar hood clearance problem with my car. From your pictures it would appear that you will have to add a hood scoop/bulge to clear any type of carb mounted air cleaner. What are you planning for a hood scoop? Someone gave me an old C1 "L88" type hood that will give me about 3"-4" of clearance above the base of my carburetor, but I'm not sure I like the looks of the hood on the car.

06100505.jpg

If recall correctly, the original cars had about 1.5" of body "rake". The stance of your car looks about right to me.

Hope to see you in Carlisle.

Charles

Larry,

The car looks super! :upthumbs

As far as the stance is concerned, I've always liked a little rake in the front. In looking at the way the front tires fill the wheel well opening it looks nice the way you have it.

Great job in detailing the engine and engine compartment.

Rich Lagasse

Man ...Looking great Larry..!!! I know what you mean about working your butt off this weekend...!!!! Same here...!! I was in the Gee-Rage all week end. I had the Fan on "Sart Drive"....and I was still sweaten by Butt off...Man was it Humid..!!!

Take your time..and do it the way you want...don't short cut ...If you don't have what you need ..stop untill you get it..

Keep us posted ...:beer

It's all been said

Larry, There is absolutely nothing I could add , that hasn't been said already. Terrific build, and looking forward to seeing it up close and personal at the upcoming show.

I noticed you have installed a front mounted, serpentine conversion kit. I am in the process of shopping for one, myself, and was thing of going with the unit available from " March " . Any thoughts on my choices.

regards
Bob

aka Stepinwolf

IH2LOSE said:
So this is what I was doing last week end ,Relocating the motor back about 3/8th of an inch Pretty much the frame was bear except for the rear center section and the motor

50097704-5481-02000180-.jpg

This is how close the motor is to the fire wall

50097338-8e65-02000180-.jpg

This is how close it is to the front rack

50097573-5fdf-02000180-.jpg

Engine bay

50097703-8e89-02000180-.jpg

The carb just sticks out a tad too much for a stock hood

50097587-dfa5-02000180-.jpg

So if all goes well this is the stance I want,I just have to make sure nothing hits My wife is not happy with it and want the car to be level, she said it looks like I am trying to go pro street

50097580-2d94-02000180-.jpg

I worked my butt off over the last 2 week ends

http://www.clubphoto.com/_cgi-bin/app.pl/albums/large_image_view?id=3466507&link_code=sa01_17

I was wondering; why does every build that I see that uses c4/c5 suspension components use the c5 rims? Is this the only rims that will fit? Not a big deal I was just curious. I even saw a really nice C2 in the June or July issue of Corvette Fever and they had the same rims. It was silver with red interior.

Tim

oh yea---your car looks great

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom