Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My butt's too big for my ZR1 seat

C

coltmckinney

I'm 6ft, 185lbs and the bottom of the seat is a little tight. Is it just me and is there a way to widen it?.....I'll also try the obvious: lose weight :)

no offense intended here but can I ask you if your butt is unusually wide for your build?
I'm 6'2" and about 230lbs. I was in a ZR1 the other day was was pretty comfortable in the seat. Everyone is built differently of course but since I'm somewhat larger than you I'm surprised you would be less comfortable.

Colt-- I have a fairly athletic build: I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs. w/ a 36" waist, and I find the ZR-1 seats to be "snug", to say the least! :D It's not so much my butt that gets pinched as my thighs. However, I think the amount of "snugness" will depend on the year. I forget which year it was ('92? '93? '94?), but the sport seats changed to where they did not have the side supports on the bottom, substantially widening the butt/leg area. BarryK, I'm curious-- what year Z did you ride in?

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
you can swap the 93+ seats into the car if you want.
93 seats are the same design as the 90, the seats were the same from 89-93 the new seats were for the 94 MY

anyway I am used to the seats and im 5'11 220 lbs my wife is thin as a rail 5'7" 120 lbs and she hates the seats of course im used to the seats as ive had 4 cars with these style of seats youll brake them in :D

johnny

fhturner said:
BarryK, I'm curious-- what year Z did you ride in?

you know, i forgot about the seat style change and since the one i was in had the "newer" style seats it must have been a 94. The car belongs to a friend of a friend so I might be off by a year but it did have the newer seats that don't "hold" you in quite as tightly.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom