Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My car is going to ebay.

• Thread starter Thread starter SurfnSun
  • Start date Start date
ULTRASLOW

Whats up with the T/A next to the STS, T/A's need lovin to.
post some of those pic's in you site

Yea, I got a few cars that need some lovin that are not at the site yet. I have owned that TA since it was new. Over the years it has become one of those $60,000 hot rods that has troubles, although its like new and has only 20,000 miles and has never been out of a garage... Literally... I call it my "camaro" project, as its like all those guys that claim how thay are going to get some 69 camaro that has been sitting in the garage out to "kick your arse" whenever they get it done, and it will never be done..... I will get this done and it will be a TA again....

It really is a very rare car being an orignal LG4/5 speed Daytona Car..... In retro, I wish I would have saved the money I dumped on "crane/holley/richmond/msd/dart and machine shops allong with all that other crap, and bought a few more used ZR1's, but thats the life of a hot-rodder using aftermarket parts..... Big money, "0" return....... The motor is a built 406, it has a richmond 6-speed, Dana 44 rear, and about everything you can think of done to it, but it has AC/cruise and everything working as original and drives quite tame.. It was very fast having over 500HP, but it has lost some compression #3 cyl, so its time for a pull for about the 25th time..... I'll get it back together and give it some credit soon! Here is a link and a couple of older photos of it, but it is just as it sits now.

83 Daytona Trans Am Pace Car

MVC-001F.JPG

Soon to go to e-bay????????????

I think many Vette owners have F Body experiences ;)

I was watching Josh's Callaway run through e - bay to see what was all involved - Sounds like there are tricks to the trade...

I am thinking of selling this on the e bay site... (or maybe I should just keep her :confused )

GTA_rr_view.jpg

gta_383_engine.JPG

Nice GTA... I see that you have a "camaro" project too! Got to love that box intake... What a pain! Car looks nice! I dont know about selling these cars though..... I figued if I put my TA on ebay, even though its rare, has a zillion dollars in it, and the car itself is about as brand new with low miles, I'd probably get about $1.00, and who ever bought it would want a warranty on the hot rod stuff, so I probably wont attempt to sell it for the next 20 years, and that is only if these cars ever come back. If they dont, I may just donate it to charity for a few dollars a whack, sledge hammer party.... At least I can take my frustrations out that way with it.

As far as GTA's.. I love that car and the 89 turbo too. There is a 9000 mile black, loaded 5.7 car on ebay that can be had for somewhere about 11K. Man, thats alot of nice car for a little money, and I think the very nice, stock, 89 5.7 GTA's and 89 Turbos will always have a good following.... The car definatly went downhill after 89 even though they did get a bit faster in the 4th gens, but who wants an engine under your dash... The 4th gen car was never as classy as the 89, and is just a "boy racer".... That 91 front end was awful, so the 89 5.7 GTA and the 89 Turbo are the best TAs ever in my book.

Re: Re: Re: Surf, that "buy it now price" should have people bangin' down your door!!!

Thanks for the tips, Ultra. I may just do that cut and paste. :beer

it's an 89 :)

Ultra - I agree, Gotta love the 89's

I too would give her to charrity before I sold her for some of the offers I got -

...no, I do not want a 78 caprice 2 dr w/ a 350 :eek

Surf - Re-list, and use hints like I told you about yesterday - That will definately get some attention for your car :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom