Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My car is going to ebay.

• Thread starter Thread starter SurfnSun
  • Start date Start date
S

SurfnSun

Well guys the time as come. I will be listing my car to ebay today or tomorrow as well as for sale here and on CF.com

This is a very sad day for me. And whoever buys this car is going to have a ridiculously fast car for very little money....not to mention its in awesome condition.

I haven't decided on an exact starting price for the auction, but it will be in the neighborhood of 22-23k.

:cry :cry :cry :cry

Sad indeed. But look at the bright side, you got to own one for a while and experienced first hand the POWER. And you can always get another one in the future.

There's a brighter future out there. Definitely another one is waiting somewhere down the road...

Surf,

Sorry to hear about this. Make sure to post your dyno graphs on the ebay ad. I think that will certainly help your interest level and sales price. It will also inform people as the the really high and wide band torque levels possible from a turbocharged engine.

Good luck with the sale and be careful, there are a lot of no-loads and scamsters out there these days. If you take a cashier's check, be certain to cash it with a bank manager present prior to releasing the car to anyone.

I have heard stories about banks going back to individuals, removing previously deposited funds from their accounts and claiming they were not "responsible" for cashing a forged cashiers check. They are not going to do too well in court if the bank manager was part of the earlier transaction.

Steve

Best of luck
Sometimes you just have to do things to move on. Nice Car

Thanks all. Its an awesome ride. I'll have another one someday.

Surf, that "buy it now price" should have people bangin' down your door!!!

Seriously that has got to be a bargain. Imagine being in the market for a Z06, buying your car instead and having $26,000 left to spend (on women, beer, holidays, other cars - you can tell I'm not a family man!!!)

Good luck, I know you've given me some good advice. Make sure you stay in contact on the forum.

:)

TT

Geez's surf, to bad it did not sell, I had that happen to me
3 times in a row with my GTA. Not one bid :confused

Re: Surf, that "buy it now price" should have people bangin' down your door!!!

malc350 said:
Seriously that has got to be a bargain. Imagine being in the market for a Z06, buying your car instead and having $26,000 left to spend (on women, beer, holidays, other cars - you can tell I'm not a family man!!!)

Good luck, I know you've given me some good advice. Make sure you stay in contact on the forum.

:)
Not to mention being a whole lot faster ;)

Re: Re: Surf, that "buy it now price" should have people bangin' down your door!!!

Not to mention being about 30,000 times more collectable than the Zo6, and you are already seeing the values of Zo6's going to hell real fast... and the c6 is not even out!..... We live in a "programmed society" Tough to break the mold, and the callaway is a mold breaker.

I really hope you sell it.... I wish we lived closer, and I did not have so many already as your price is more than fair and the car looks great.

Surf.... Here are a couple of hints from a seasoned pro at selling cars, and cars on ebay..... I would personally like to see you get as much monsy as possible for your car, along with every B2K owner...... You are welcome to "cut-paste" my write up from my Callaway site that is valid for all callaways..... Trust me when I say, you can never say enough to people on ebay..... Also, if you have a digital camera, take as many photos as possibe beyond what you have.... Photos with reflections of things through the paint are always home runs... This will show the condition of the paint for the sceptics.... Also,... Fix the antenna and any other little thing..... I know its petty, but buyers are even more petty and that could be a deal breaker for many people. Last but not least... Do NOT mention anything about air-flow ratios, chips, or things people MAY need to do. The car runs good enough. This is the wrong type of info to sell a car... The chances are so slight that the buyer of this car would even care.... Those guys are all here at this site already. You might want wait a few weeks and come bac with a totally different ad using these suggestions.

Good luck!

SurfnSun said:
Not to mention being a whole lot faster ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom