Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My first Corvette! C3!

J

joe's74

Inroduction...I'm Joe, 30yrs old, and I just bought my first Corvette (Hello Joe). :L Anyway, it's a 74 Stingray with the ZQ3 350. Numbers matching, it runs and looks great for a 35 year old car. Needs some TLC on the interior, but the exterior is in great shape. Looking forward to working on her. Let me know what you think.

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2160-picture-017.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2157-picture-002.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2158-picture-004.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2161-picture-011.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2159-picture-007.jpg

Inroduction...I'm Joe, 30yrs old, and I just bought my first Corvette (Hello Joe). :L Anyway, it's a 74 Stingray with the ZQ3 350. Numbers matching, it runs and looks great for a 35 year old car. Needs some TLC on the interior, but the exterior is in great shape. Looking forward to working on her. Let me know what you think.

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2160-picture-017.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2157-picture-002.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2158-picture-004.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2161-picture-011.jpg

joe-s74-albums-1974-corvette-stingray-picture2159-picture-007.jpg
Hello Joe welcome to CAC :w very nice 74.:cool enjoy !!! This is great place for information !

Congratulations! I am sure you are very excited about your purchase. If you have any questions on a 1974 let me know.

september09-011.jpg

Rideau09-003.jpg

Nice looking car.
It looks very clean.

And I like the late c3 spoilers on it.

Welcome to CAC!!!

I do too, I might take off the front one though, still thinking. :)
Nice ride. enjoy it! The rear bumper looks really nice. I'd take the front one off if it were mine. kinda looks like a snowplow :)

If you need any interior questions answered, look me up, I recently finished an interior replacement on mine. however yours looks a heck of a lot better than mine did. A good cleaning might be all you need.

Welcome and don't be a stranger around here. There is a lot of good knowledge here and almost every question can be answered by Vette Guys that have been in the hobby for many years.

Go ahead and get the Assembly instruction manual and GM service manual for your car. Any Corvette vendor has them in paper or CD form. You can also find them on eBay all the time. They will help you with almost everything about your car.

And most of all, Save the WAVE!!!!!:w:w

I do too, I might take off the front one though, still thinking. :)

If you remove the Pace Car spoiler you will have to replace it with the stock air dam (shown in black). This is essential for cooling purposes. C3s are bottom feeders and it directs air up and through the radiator.

hazeldean09-009.jpg

If you remove the Pace Car spoiler you will have to replace it with the stock air dam (shown in black). This is essential for cooling purposes. C3s are bottom feeders and it directs air up and through the radiator.

Thanks for the heads up! And thanks everyone for the warm welcome, glad to know there is a place I can go to ask even the silliest questions.:beer

Welcome to the site, Joe!

Like some others here, I'm not a huge fan of the front spoiler. That's almost what it really is aesthetically speaking...a spoiler.
I'm mixed about the rear. I've always preferred the '80 rear end, but the '74 was distinctive with it's split rear. So I guess it's a wash. :)

Nice ride regardless! I wish mine was a stick shift. ;shrug

BTW, my unsolicited 2¢... since the car has had the body modified, I don't know if I'd care much about "numbers matching". Especially if you want your car to be fast(er). My personal philosophy is to do what we want with our cars as opposed to doing what the next owner might want.

Thanks for the heads up! And thanks everyone for the warm welcome, glad to know there is a place I can go to ask even the silliest questions.:beer
I have been driving Corvettes for many years. There are no silly questions. They can be strange challenges when it comes to repair. Just ask questions. Some of us have seen a few things.

Having said that don't ask me about a frame-off. I tend to buy cars that are 90% there and just need some tuning/tweaking.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom