Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My first question - re: 94 Coup

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
Yes, I'm a newbie, please bear with me...

I just bought my first Corvette, as mentioned above it's a 94 Coup. All other 94's I have looked at either in person or on the Internet have a little black square on the front end, between the fog lamp/blinker lens and the side blinker lens. Mine doesn't have the black square, it is solid blue like the rest of the car. I know it's a trivial thing, but I'm wondering why? I got the CarFax on it before I bought it and according to it the car has never been in an accident, so I assume the front end is original. It doesn't appear that anything has been taken off or is missing. I'd post a picture of what I'm talking about, but haven't yet figured out how. I'm just curious why every other Vette seems to have it and mine doesn't. Any help appreciated!

I'd say the front fascia may have been repainted.

you_want_some_of_this.jpg

I don't follow -

z.jpg

AH - ok, confusion diverted!
Thanks
Rain :D

Here is the pic of the area I'm talking about. My Vette is not a ZR-1 so maybe it has been repainted as 6 Shooter mentioned. Now I'm really curious!

Blu ByU said:
Here is the pic of the area I'm talking about. My Vette is not a ZR-1 so maybe it has been repainted as 6 Shooter mentioned. Now I'm really curious!
Yep or could be a bumper from a 96'
-=Rick

Car-fax????????

Hi

Keep in mind that if a person has a little accident or has his front or rear bumper repainted because of parking chips or whatever and pays for it himself it will not be reported anywhere unless it is done at a dealership or puts in a claim.

Because of the low dollar amount involved l would say the owner paid for it himself.

No biggie, if l had road chips or parking dings or even hit something slightly l would have it redone. And as far as the paint was concerned it was probably easier to paint everything then to paint around a small area and was probably cheaper.

Or the paint shop didn't know any better. Anyway it looks good and l wouldn't have picked it out if saw it.

Just enjoy it and forget it.

Alan

I agree with Kingman. I would wonder if there is anything else in the car, such a damage to the chassis from a front end accident, which is not in the carfax. That's as far as I would go.

Cheers,

Selim

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've looked under the car and under the hood all over the front end, and I can't find ANY evidence that something may have happened. All parts still look original to me, though I'm far from an expert so I probably wouldn't know. Anyway, I'm not going to fret over it, I was just curious. Thanks again!

Yeah...I wouldn't sweat it.

BTW...Welcome to the :CAC

Relax!!!!!!!!!!

Like l said, it's no biggie just enjoy it.

Alan

Blu ByU said:
Thanks for the replies, guys. I've looked under the car and under the hood all over the front end, and I can't find ANY evidence that something may have happened. All parts still look original to me, though I'm far from an expert so I probably wouldn't know. Anyway, I'm not going to fret over it, I was just curious. Thanks again!
some didn't like the black, and painted it.... the black is not only in the 'blocks' but also surrounding the front fog and running lights... if you look close, you can see a 'lip'. that is where the black usually ends.

Vettelt193 said:
some didn't like the black, and painted it.... the black is not only in the 'blocks' but also surrounding the front fog and running lights... if you look close, you can see a 'lip'. that is where the black usually ends.
Actually I agree, I like it better without the black myself.

Blu ByU said:
I'm just curious why every other Vette seems to have it and mine doesn't. Any help appreciated!
It is just a small separating piece that Chevy painted flat black. (See photo) Evidently, the previous owner painted it to match and it really does look good on your car. By the way, welcome aboard and congratulations on the new car, she's a beauty!!
:beer
12-25-04tellicocopper007.jpg

One of the trivia questions and identifying marks for the C4 - only the 96 came from the factory with this area between the side marker lights and the turn signals the same color as the body. 95 and older were all black in this area.

When it's time to repair chips and other damage to the front bumper, it's easier and cheaper to just paint the whole nose the same color.

That body color mark you are talking about is the front end change made to the 1996 models all others have the black mark unless it has been replaced which I have found is very common, some from damage some for style. Although mine has the black square I like the painted one better. It gives it a more finished look.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom