Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My First Twin Turbo Tune Up :)

When I did my 1st tune up back in 2003, I could not get to one of the allen bolts holding the "up pipe" without removing the coolant banjo bolt on the passenger side turbo.

I ended up taking a bath in coolant when I took the banjo bolt off :L. And if you have to do that, don't loose the copper crush washer on the banjo bolt.

Good luck to ya!

-Luigi
:cool

Did you use a regular allen wrench, or a "wobble," or "Ball - Hex" design?

ed_1.JPG

s.gif

I took a regular long allen wrench and used my grinder to cut off the small side. I then placed the allen metal tube on a small rachet socket along with an extender (and flex swivel) and got 3 of the flange bolts off but then there was one which was right under the banjo bolt so off came the banjo bolt to get to the last flange bolt.

Too bad I didn't have a lift at my disposal, it would have made the job much easier than crawling under the car :L. Oh well, the good times! :chuckle

I'll let Wayne do it next time though I should be set for another decade :beer

-Luigi
:cool

Boosted Max, how was your pass. side

I just removed the coolant line that goes into the center section of the turbo to get the extra clearance to use a 1/4 ratchet set on the intercooler tubing.

You could probably go around it using a wobbler, but it really was no issue removing the coolant line and it gives you straight on access to the bolt.

FS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom