Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

MY FIRST VETTE

RON S.

Corvette
1981 BLACK ON BLACK
:) HI ALL JUST GOT MY FIRST VETTE
I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO FIND A 1981 VETTE (BLACK ON BLACK) WITH 44K ON IT. LAST OWNER (#3) PUT 300 MILES ON HER IN 3 YEARS!!! CAR BASICALLY SAY IN A GARAGE FROM '05 TILL MY PURCHASE. CAR IS COMPLETE AND COMPLETEY ORIGINAL! I HAVE MY WIFE TO THANK FOR THIS CAR SHE FOUND IT THRU A FREIND AT WORK!!! ONE OF THOSE UNKNOWNS JUST SITTING. I PICKED IT UP THIS PAST SATURDAY FROM THE PREVIOUS OWNER,WHO WAS VERY SAD TO SEE HER GO. BY MY VIN # IT WAS THE 753RD UNIT PRODUCED AT ST. LOIUS (ANYONE KNOW WHAT MONTH/YEAR THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN) WELL ENOUGH RAMBLING FOR KNOW,I WILL POST SOME PICS ONCE I GET HER ALL DETAILED UP. SHE IS SHARING HER GARAGE WITH MY OTHER CLASSIC A '72 LEMANS SPORT. ONE QUESTION FOR KNOW CAN SOMEONE UPPLY ME W/ SOME COMPANY NAMES OR PHONE #'S FOR PLACES TO GET SOME CATALOGS STARTED MY WAY. OH WE HAVE DECIDED TO CALL HER "THE SHARK".

Congrats on the new vette, sounds like your excited lol. Make sure you get her cleaned up well and hurry and post some pics.

Cogratulations on the fine car. You should join the 1981 registry here at the CAC.
Barrett

Congratulations! and welcome to CAC. :beer

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center and the L81VetteRegistry Forum :w

S/N 400753 (753 ;) ) would make it August 29, 1980 or very close that date..

Bud

Yoda...Do you HAVE THE WEB SITE address for the place that makes a poster{etc.} of your Vette? You have a copy of what I am taking about in your post...the middle picture...I looked in the forum etc. but couldn't find it...it was posted a couple of weeks ago...thanks

Congratulations. Spring is coming. Just in time to cruise and enjoy. Remember: C3 drivers WAVE.

:w

HEY THANKS ALL. THE SITE SEEMS REALLY GREAT,HOPEFULLY I DID MY REGISTRATION TO THE SITE CORRECTLY. I LOOK FORWARD TO CRUIZIN W/ HER THIS SPRING. THANKS TO ALL FOR THEIR WELCOMING ME TO THE SITE. RON S.

Welcome to CAC! :beer

Go to the Industry Partner at the top of each page. You will see a list of them on the left side.

Most of them will send you a catalog for free.

Good luck! :upthumbs

SAVE THE :w

Yoda...Do you HAVE THE WEB SITE address for the place that makes a poster{etc.} of your Vette? You have a copy of what I am taking about in your post...the middle picture...I looked in the forum etc. but couldn't find it...it was posted a couple of weeks ago...thanks
Sure ;)

It was posted in the C5 Forums by 6 Shooter here ya go Make a Poster (C5 only though as I recall)

Bud

welcome to CAC!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!!

sounds like a sweet ride....

a couple of pics would help!!! :D :D

welcome

cool! welcome... hope you have a great season.... i know i have already put on a couple of miles!

Welcome. Your 1st vette sounds like it's a real beauty.
A couple of the catalogs/websites you might want to take a look at for parts are:

Ecklers and Mid America

-John

You can also get the shop manual from eBay inexpensively. Shop manual is a must if you plan to do some work.

I'll add my welcome and congrats on your first Corvette too!

Here's another webpage you may find interesting and useful. It's the 1981 Model webpage from the CAC Tech Center Model Center.

Click me

You've come to the right place for learning and sharing information about Corvettes!

Enjoy!
:wJane Ann

THANKS ALL

:D ;help EVERYONE HAS BEEN GREAT. THANKS FOR SUGGESTIONS. ALL MY FREINDS ARE ENVOIUS OF THE CAR. HAVE IT AT MECHANIC TODAY GETTING THE ONCE OVER (WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY SINCE SHE BASICALLY SAT FOR 3 YEARS) ANYBODY GOT TRICKS TO RAMPING OR A PLACE TO GET A JACK TO LIFT THE CAR. ALSO HAS ANYONE EVER USED WILLCOX FOR ITEMS , WOULD BE GLAD TO HERE PROS AND CONS ON VENDORS. DONT WANT TO END UP WITH CHEAP REPRO PARTS. ALSO I NOTICED A SMALL BLACK KNOB/BUTTON UNDER STEERING WHEEL DASH COVER ANYBODY KNOW WHAT IT IS SEEMS LIKES ITS ORIGINAL TO CAR BUT I DONT WANT TO MESS WITH IT TILL I SEE IF I CAN FIND OUT WHAT IT IS?

THANKS AGAIN ---RON S.
HAVING A GREAT TIME CRUZIN GOTTA STOP PLAYING AND START TO DETAILING HER

If you're looking for 'hard to find' parts go directly to Doc. Rebuild. Not cheap but they've got all the original stuff and no chinees stuff (or it's written under it) For me only Zip or Doc. Rebuild :)

Groeten Peter

Ron welcome to CAC and welcome to Corvette ownership it is very very addicting. A little advice would be to read up on as much as you can and always buy good quality parts from reputable supplier.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom