Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My high school 57 vette update #3 close

RIBBIT MAN

Corvette
C6,2010,6.2,COUPE,MACHINE SILVER
Good morning CAC members,so many of you have showed a large interest in this search and want to know any new development.OK,I hope I don't bore you.A little history on this car,which almost lead to a disaster but may lead to a Tag or Vin#. My brother in law,Sam,which was a Frat Brother of mine at KSU,we decided to put a aluminum high-rise intack, with a dual inlet Holley carb,Sam is the mechanic not me.We made the change and everything was going good.Now we are doing this in my parents garage at home,which is in the pick on the page.On a Holly,you have to remove the top bowl plugs front and rear to vent air,according to Sam.He puled the coil wire and I turned the key,it didn't take long until gas was running out the bowls,the coil arched and the engine now is on fire with flames going over the end of the hood,We both started beating it with our shirts,jackets anything.I am screaming for mom,she opens the door and freaks out.She calls the fire dept and I see the car has got to get out of the garage the fire at times would touch the sealing.We get it outside,the Leawood FD was there fast,not soon enough for me.Now,I have almost burnt the house down plus my 57.Thank god the only damage was the wiring and a little hood paint.Now,where this all may lead to is Leawood FD may have a record of this.I called Sam Friday,he remembers the near disaster like yesterday,to contact Leawood FD,to see if this was still on there records,they go back to 1970 which is in the window.So maybe with a little luck.Sam also knows where dad registered it,he will visit them as well.Thank you SAM.You cant make this stuff up,this happened.So what ya-all think about all of this.MAN-O-MAN

Hs 57 vette

Stay out of my garage...

:rotfl​

Don't worry,lesson learned,as you see,I am still researching every possible avenue I can think of.If this doesn't pan out I am going to contact KSU where I graduated,the car was there on campus during college and I got a bunch of parking tickets.My tag# would have to be on those tickets plus car was registered for on campus parking,that sticker was on low left windshield.Somewhere down the line I may get lucky.How ya been.

Oh, shoot. Reading your title I thought maybe you had closed in on it. Instead we hear this hair-rising story how you almost didn't have it at all. :D We're still pulling for you, ribbit.

If you had it insured with like State Farm or someone like that they may still have the records with the VIN#.......I forgot when were you at KSU?..........I was there in 68 and 69.......

Good luck in your search. Maybe someone has the next part of the story in their memory. :w

Hs 57 vette

If you had it insured with like State Farm or someone like that they may still have the records with the VIN#.......I forgot when were you at KSU?..........I was there in 68 and 69.......

How Ya Doin Huskerman,My sis is still looking for a policy and yes that would be gold,all the info would be there.State Farm was the insurer I presently am as well,I called my local agent,they went to corporate and told me that is probably on micro film and I would have to supply them with a policy # for them to continue.SO,we keep diggin.I just got off the phone with KSU campus security,in hopes there records went back far enough it may show all the parking tickets I got which would have plate# on them,well they don't go that far back.Time Capsule Big Time.Graduated 72.Thanks,see ya later.

Hs 57 vette

Oh, shoot. Reading your title I thought maybe you had closed in on it. Instead we hear this hair-rising story how you almost didn't have it at all. :D We're still pulling for you, ribbit.

Hey Toms01,yes this car has a lot of history,that's why I got to find.I hope the FD still has the record,plate# would be on report,my friend Sam is looking in to that,he was there when it went up in flames. Thank's Toms01 for the thought.

We would have been in the area around the same time. I lived in Haymaker dorm and in the spring of 69 bought a white 65 Roadster with the light blue interior....I'm trying to think if I ever saw your car or not but can't remember it.....

Got our fingers crossed. . . . . . .

Keep digging something is bound t show up, we're cheeromg you on for sure :happyanim:

-Bill

Hs 57 vette

Keep digging something is bound t show up, we're cheeromg you on for sure :happyanim:

-Bill

Mornin Bill.this has become an obsession,I have no dought a piece of the puzzle will drop in my lap.Just keep diggin.Thanks Bill for the support and CAC.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom