Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My high school 57 vette update #4

RIBBIT MAN

Corvette
C6,2010,6.2,COUPE,MACHINE SILVER
I had my good friend Sam go by and talk to the Leawood,KS DMV,where the car was originally registered.They gave him a form to fill out for a request to search KS records,received last Friday.This will be the second shot at this,one big difference that may be the key to this search that I did not do the first time,there is a MICRO-FILM option that I was not aware of, A $30 fee for a Certified Title History Micro-Film Review.The check plus form plus a personal letter to hum it may concern, how important this is,will be headed there way tomorrow.Probably I would say 2-3 wk's before I know anything,toe's and fingers crossed and a little prayer wouldn't hurt.HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Well, it's a lead...hopefully it will be fruitful for you. :w

Good luck!! Let's hope this works out!!

Mac

Good luck. This may be the one that works.

Tom

Hs 57 vette

Good luck. This may be the one that works.

Tom

Hello Tom,yes maybe,everything is on its way to Topeka today.I feel pretty positive about it.Thanks for the support.

Hs 57 vette

Good luck!! Let's hope this works out!!

Mac

Hey Mack,just maybe the micro-film approach will seal the deal.All my forms,check,and letter is on its way to Topeka today.Thanks Mac for your support.

Hey Mack,just maybe the micro-film approach will seal the deal.All my forms,check,and letter is on its way to Topeka today.Thanks Mac for your support.
In a way, this is like a love story. I admire your dogged persistence and I hope the story has a happy ending!!

Mac

I know this stuff can be frustrating. I'm hoping that KS keeps records back that far. When I bought my 58, my 56 and my 57 (all in FL) I wrote Tallahassee for a "body file" and received all info available for each vehicle. Unfortunately FL (like quite a few other states now) only keeps records for 10 years so it's getting much harder...

Hs 57 vette

I know this stuff can be frustrating. I'm hoping that KS keeps records back that far. When I bought my 58, my 56 and my 57 (all in FL) I wrote Tallahassee for a "body file" and received all info available for each vehicle. Unfortunately FL (like quite a few other states now) only keeps records for 10 years so it's getting much harder...

Hello SebringBill,frustrating is an understatement,been at it now about 5 mth's.Who would have thought 40 yrs ago these vetts would be worth what they are now.Large case of the DA'S not putting this car away.Don't have a clue how far there Micro-film file goes,guess I will know in a few week's.Sure would be nice to have a 2 VETTE garage with a 57 kikker as your self.Thanks for the support.

Have you tried contacting Ken Kayser? He's picked up the torch from Mike Hunt who kept the Research Project 56-7 (the original "registry" of 56 & 57 Corvettes) kwkvette57@aol.com If you have the serial # of the car he could tell you if it's been reported... Tell him I sentcha!

Last edited:
Hs 57 vette

Have you tried contacting Ken Kayser? He's picked up the torch from Mike Hunt who kept the Research Project 56-7 (the original "registry" of 56 & 57 Corvettes) kwkvette57@aol.com If you have the serial # of the car he could tell you if it's been reported... Tell him I sentcha!

Ok Bill,great idea,but I have to get the vin# first from KS,that's what I am paying them to fine.I have been on the C1 registry several times just to see if I recognized the car,no luck.Again that is a excellent idea,cant wait to plug in the number.Nice to know you no the man.

Ideas

I noticed in one thread it read like the car was bought from a dealership. Had you thought about checking with them to see if they still had a record on the car?
My cousin was married to a guy that along with his Dad owned a Chevy/Buick dealership. They had records on virtually every car they'd ever sold, including one I'd bought from them back in 1967.
One other odd-ball idea, see if any of your old neighbors have any pictures of the car that included the license plate info. I have some pictures from when I was young that have neighbors cars in them, worth a shot.

Hs 57 vette

I noticed in one thread it read like the car was bought from a dealership. Had you thought about checking with them to see if they still had a record on the car?
My cousin was married to a guy that along with his Dad owned a Chevy/Buick dealership. They had records on virtually every car they'd ever sold, including one I'd bought from them back in 1967.
One other odd-ball idea, see if any of your old neighbors have any pictures of the car that included the license plate info. I have some pictures from when I was young that have neighbors cars in them, worth a shot.

hcbph,the dealer was not a Chevy dealer it was a small private owned car lot called Corvette City.I have searched this business and it appears not there anymore or sold to another business.I have also asked Frat brothers if they have any pic's,family members you name it.I do have about about a dozen still none of the rear.One of them is on this page,I am 18 in the pic.Thank's for the idea,hopefully Topeka DMV will still have on micro film,will know in about 2 wk's.Thank's again.

Tough Crowd

Boy, you're a tough one. You sure that car wasn't Photoshopped onto one with you in it :happyanim:

I can find a picture of every single car I've ever owned that includes the license plate in a photo album I've kept. In addition to that I have purchase paperwork on most of them, and that's going back before 1967. Maybe it was because I was a car nut when growing up but I put everything in a box and I still keep adding, having added the Vette and a van this year.

Hs 57 vette

Boy, you're a tough one. You sure that car wasn't Photoshopped onto one with you in it :happyanim:

I can find a picture of every single car I've ever owned that includes the license plate in a photo album I've kept. In addition to that I have purchase paperwork on most of them, and that's going back before 1967. Maybe it was because I was a car nut when growing up but I put everything in a box and I still keep adding, having added the Vette and a van this year.

You are not going to believe what happened yesterday!Even though I have repeatedly tried to find where the car was bought under the name Corvette City,I gave it another shot.I searched for the oldest Chevy,Vette dealers in KCMO.Called a group called Cable Dahmer,talked to a sales person and explained my madness,he had never heard of that business,he called another sales person who has been there since 63.Well guess what,the reason I could not find was it never existed,the buisness was called Corvette Village in Marrion,KS,real close to where I lived,they have been selling,repairing,restoring since 63.I thought could this be the day.Called CV talked to the owner Ray Boyles,told him the entire story,he has records on every sale since 63.I am e-mailig him pic's today.Man,is this to good to be true.Ray was really impressed about what I was doing and would make every effort to find the papers.NEVER,NEVER give up,the next day or two are going to be nerve racking.Thanks for kicking me in the A__ to try again.

Cable Dahmer is a big Chevy dealer in the KC area. Not sure who they were before, so I'm glad you were able to get a lead on the other Corvette place. There was another Corvette only place that went out of business, but I think they were in Shawnee.

Anyway, I hope this pans out for you. it would make the search a bit easier.:w

Congrats

Congrats on a potential lead. There's hope you may still get the vin on it :thumb

Hs 57 vette

Cable Dahmer is a big Chevy dealer in the KC area. Not sure who they were before, so I'm glad you were able to get a lead on the other Corvette place. There was another Corvette only place that went out of business, but I think they were in Shawnee.

Anyway, I hope this pans out for you. it would make the search a bit easier.:w

Hey Toms01,I see you read my reply.Ya,I took a shot in the dark by contacting Cable DAHMER,I talked to a salesman that has been there since 63.He is the one that set me straight on Corvette City,does not exist never did Corvette Village has been around since 63,Ray Boyles is the one you need to see.I just sent him 6 pic's and a little history this morning.Could this be the missing link.The other business was ,Motor City Motors,Ray told me they have been gone for years.There is going to be a party if this all pans out.This is REALLY getting nerve-racking now.Thanks Toms01 for your support.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom