Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Modified '82

I posted this image in another place on the CAC, but thought I would reference it here as well.

Ambient air temperature and air charge makes a difference. Cold days in winter (20*-40*) and I will run faster times 0-60 and hot days ( (90*+) in the summer I will run slower 0-60 times. So, there is a range and a lot of that has to do with the air density. Cooler air is more dense- hot air is not. Yes, that is a no brainier... but it is one thing to understand the principle at work and then to actually see it in the data logs for a couple of years now.

Anyway, that is the segue into this post: acceleration.

I swapped out the 2.87 for 3.73 gears.

I have 5.2 to 5.4 seconds for the 0-60mph with a 3.73 rear end on a 90* temperature day with the engine/transmission fully warm. This is recorded through an actual datalog where the ECM is connected to a laptop with data recording software- not the seat of the pants dyno.

This is on 255/60/15 tires and a mostly OE suspension with the exception of poly bushings.

Attachments

• 3_73 governor purple green springs.jpg
    3_73 governor purple green springs.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 146
Here's a comparison graph between where I started in May 2014 and August 2016. I've since tweaked the tune and replaced the worn out plugs and wires.

As a reminder, the car lost its OE camshaft a decade or more ago when a lobe on the cam wore out. So, I never had the chance to datalog it with the OE cam- just the Comp Cams Compu Cam. The best Road and Track got out of the OE crossfire was 7.9 seconds to 60 while GM eeked out 8.1 seconds.

With 5.2 - 5.4 for my mods versus GM's 7.9 - 8.1 ... that's 2.5 - 2.9 second improvement on 0-60mph and a 2.4 - 2.6 second improvement over just a cam change.

compare.jpg

So would the renegade intake manifold out perform the ported stock intake or a X-ram intake I have read about?

So would the renegade intake manifold out perform the ported stock intake or a X-ram intake I have read about?

I'm not really sure which one would outflow the others.

If I had to guess... Xram and Renegade would be more comparable (not sure which is over which) and ported factory would come in third.

That's a wild guess though. I haven't seen conclusive data with all three head to head.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom