Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

my name is jim but I signed in as mypeach876

M

mypeach876

I hope that joining this group will help me and my vette get thru our lives with giving some help but in honesty getting some advice .Had the 1996 in our family since new . First our son bought it and then wanted a convertable so I was willing to take it from him. The car is in excellent shape body wise never scratched (maybe shouldn 't have said that) but it's true.
Try to do all my own repairs wether putting in batteries or water pumps , air I don't fool with.I think that I'm in need of a starter by the looks of things and wondering if any of yous put one yourself . looks like the exhaust has to be dropped if you want to do it right .
any suggestions would be appreciated .also I am in my 70's so am I biting more than I can chew .
thanks mypeach876

Jim, welcome to CAC! :w I am hoping you have a lift...or at least access to one, if you are going to change out the starter. I admire your gumption in wanting to do the work yourself. The 96's are nice rides, I had a 94 back about 7 years ago and the LT1 is a really good engine. But changing out the distributor was work!

Welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!

Hi Tom007

Jim, welcome to CAC! :w I am hoping you have a lift...or at least access to one, if you are going to change out the starter. I admire your gumption in wanting to do the work yourself. The 96's are nice rides, I had a 94 back about 7 years ago and the LT1 is a really good engine. But changing out the distributor was work!

Really like the double O kind of grabs me thinking back when the movies started and I was in the drive inns . also another time that I really treasure but you can't go back there .
On the car no lift just jacks but when I put in my water pump really was thinking about the distributor change in front of me. I didn't have a problem so I let it go so far so good.
Only got 58,000 miles on the car . When your retired it gives you something to do ,lots of time and it goes by faster when there is a challange.
thanks for memories jim

HI Rob

Welcome to the Corvette Action Center Jim! :w

Looks like your polish by name . I am a polish James Mysliwiec and my gramma always talked polish to me so I still speak it some.I never done threads so I am hoping this is the way it goes . Looks like you also own a caddies ? I also have a sts 2006 only 15,000 miles on it . still smells like new and looks that way . Thanks for the heads up . jim

Welcome To Corvette Action Center

Welcome aboard, glad you've joined us :happyanim:

-Bill

Welcome!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom