Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My new 1968

sunger

Corvette
1968 427 convertable
I just bought a 1968 427/400, 4 speed convertable, and I hope it will arrive within a week or so. I can't claim to be very knowledgeable on Corvetts, and I am looking for any help I can get.
What should I watch for on the car? I have heard about some overheating problems on the early big blocks (mine is a late production), and the headlights and wipers were known to be troublesome, but any hints, clues, or whatever would be appreciated.
I just had to have it you know.....
Thanks
Steve
Southern California

Congrats on your 1968 Corvette...

Welcome to the :CAC

Post some pictures of ur Corvette when ya can.
427/400 4 Speed Roadster - Sweet!
:lou

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Welcome Steve!
Always nice to see another member with a '68. There's a few of us lurking here and we'll help all we can.
Best thing you can do if you intend to work on this thing is get the Assembly Manual from one of the Vette parts suppliers. The book is invaluable.
You'll find that some parts are hard to find or one off for the '68 but nothing that can't be overcome.
Give a yell if you need anything.

Cee

Hi

I have a very early 68 convertible 427 CI with L71 solid lifter heads and have just bought a square port tri-power setup for it, so will soon have a non numbers matching 427/435 HP car.
My engine was overheating at stop & go traffic and I solved this by replacing the radiator by a alu one and installed electrical fans and also a engine oil cooler with thermostatic control.
Now I can drive it for ever as long as I have dyno-liquid in the tank.

Tri-power rocks. Small enough primaries with 1000 CFM full throttle.

Can't post pics here, but just visit CORVETTEFORUM.COM or CORVETTEFORUM.DE to see it.

Günther

I just bought a 1968 427/400, 4 speed convertable, and I hope it will arrive within a week or so. I can't claim to be very knowledgeable on Corvetts, and I am looking for any help I can get.
What should I watch for on the car? I have heard about some overheating problems on the early big blocks (mine is a late production), and the headlights and wipers were known to be troublesome, but any hints, clues, or whatever would be appreciated. I just had to have it you know.....
Thanks
Steve
Southern California

If you're in Orange County you'll want to go meet Scott Jones at The Corvette Shop in Costa Mesa. He know's the C3's (along with most other Vette's) inside and out, he's been keeping my '69 on the road for 20 some years.

Enjoy your new toy!

Congrats, man. Can't wait to see pictures.
Oh, welcome! -John

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom