Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My new PET

401KVet

Corvette
1980 L82 Coupe, Black
Hello,
I have always wanted a Vette even before my older brother bought a 1979 L82 back in 81. It was a fine car. Dark blue with red interior, 4 speed. Well I just bought mine, it's a 1980 L82, black with the doeskin interior, automatic. Had to get a automatic so my wife could drive it every now and then. Maybe 5 or 6 times a year.:)
It has 42,800 miles and is suppose to be all original, even the paint. It hasn't been driven much lately, so I'm giving it a good tune up. All ignition, even the date coded wires appear original. Any help on what all I should do to it before I really start driving it would be appreciated. I am changing ALL flluids.
Well, just wanted to say HI!
Glenn :cool

Glenn, welcome to the :CAC and congrats on your first Vette!

:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!!!

The Spiral Gray is a great color. Before I bought my 80, I was trying to find a late model in that color. I just couldn't find one in my price range.
Great looking car!

Glenn

Welcome to the CAC Glenn. :w
I had a beige 80 L82 many years ago and really enjoyed it. Hope you have great fun with yours.
I would make sure the brake fluid is OK and I would have the brakes checked. Stopping is kind of important.

Welcome to the CAC!

We all wanna see pics.. ;)

:w
-Stefan

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Glenn, :beer we're glad you could join us! Also congratulations on your first Vette, sounds like you found a good one too :thumb Just got mine all cleaned up, cover on it and stored for the winter in the garage :cry I already miss not driving it, still pretty nice around here but that is subject to change at any given moment in this area of the US.

Take care, stay in touch and drive that Vette like you stole it :lou

Bill :w

Welcome to :CAC and congrats on your Vette!!!

My first vette was a 1980 black with oyster interior L82. Bought it in '83. Man, do I miss that car!!!

I checked the master cylinder and the fluid levels looked good. About a year ago the owner did do a brake job including the calibers. Thanks,

I'm shining it up. You know how hard black can be, or any dark color.

Lator Gator,

When black is cleaned and waxed it just doesn't get any better. But when it is dirty nothing looks any worse either. But "black is beautiful" though and I just had to have black :thumb

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom