Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 My next Vette?

1996 LT4 Topic

Vette Flyer

Corvette
1996 LT4 coupe
Got an opportunity to pick up an LT-4 coupe with 23K miles from original owner for $15K. Car has been very well taken care of, garaged & covered, never driven in bad weather. It's competition yellow with the black/tan interior, two tops, new tires, completely stock.

I'm not new to Vettes, my previous Vettes were a '65 roadster 327/350 and a '71 350 coupe. Any particular items I should be aware of and welcome any comments. Save the wave.

Got an opportunity to pick up an LT-4 coupe with 23K miles from original owner for $15K. Car has been very well taken care of, garaged & covered, never driven in bad weather. It's competition yellow with the black/tan interior, two tops, new tires, completely stock.

I'm not new to Vettes, my previous Vettes were a '65 roadster 327/350 and a '71 350 coupe. Any particular items I should be aware of and welcome any comments. Save the wave.

IMHO this is a very nice find!!! There are not many "completely stock" LT4 Corvettes remaining, yet alone a one owner low mileage. The competition yellow color was somewhat a limited item in 1996, less than 100 were made going by memory. Even by today's standards the LT4 is a pretty decent performer, easy 30 mpg, around a 13.00 second 1/4 mile performer....

So either as a collectible or a driver this should be a great car!

Go for a test drive and make your decision...

"Nice Find"

IMHO this is a very nice find!!! There are not many "completely stock" LT4 Corvettes remaining, yet alone a one owner low mileage. The competition yellow color was somewhat a limited item in 1996, less than 100 were made going by memory. Even by today's standards the LT4 is a pretty decent performer, easy 30 mpg, around a 13.00 second 1/4 mile performer....

So either as a collectible or a driver this should be a great car!

Go for a test drive and make your decision...

It sure sounds like a find to me...I bought my LT 4 from the orginal owner in Feb but my Polo Green coupe has 100K on the dial. I've had to do the usual 100K service work but the car is tight and it's fast. The only thing I would suggest you keep an eye on is your Opti-Spark system...keep that sucker dry, water or oil will cause the distributor to fail. I'm sure you're going to love yours. Best of luck with it and welcome back.
Best, Bruce in St Pete

Thanks for the replies and the heads up on the Opti-spark. Planning on taking a very close look at the Vette this week. I was hoping to find a nice GS, there's one in CA with 57K miles for $20K, another in FL with 23K miles for $27K. Not sure I want/need to spend $5k to $12K more to have GS bragging rights vs buying what may well be a very clean, low mile LT-4 that's across town instead of across country. Save the wave:w

Did the deal today, pick her up on Sat. Got something to wave from now. :thumb

Attachments

• 14086nc_20.jpg
    14086nc_20.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 09663n_20.jpg
    09663n_20.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 116
  • 4216fg7_20.jpg
    4216fg7_20.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 2860825_20.jpg
    2860825_20.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 66
96 LT4 Original

Of course Shooters gonna rave about Yella, go figure. It is indeed a hot looking 96. I think the value trend is on the way back up. I got my 96 LT4, all original, 73k for less than $10k so jump on it. She's a beauty, one in a million.

Cheers, :beer

What a great find!

Picked her up today, what a fun ride. Plan to do some cruising to see the fall colors over the next couple of weeks. The color of the car reminds me of the yellow aspen leaves in the fall. I just might name her 'Aspen'.:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom