Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My own Garagemahal

vetahlk

Corvette
YELLOW 2002/RED 1/18TH C6 COUPE
Well its been 15 months in the making. One design, a fight with the city over footprint and height, a redesign, and the building process, but its finally to a point I can call it semi-finished. The vettes are tucked away for the winter, washed, waxed, prepped, covered, and hooked to their trickle chargers. To view the pictures please see garage athttp://community.webshots.com/user/vetahlk

Features include:
1. Complete second floor for storage of usual accumulation of junk and gardening tools
2. Main level for storage of my babies(93 coupe & 02 coupe) and of course mom's ride(2005 BMW 530i)
3. Lift
4. High solids epoxy flooring with clear urethene top coat
5. Hot Daug heater (keeps it nice and warm)
6. Recessed floresent lighting (makes it real bright-I'm told it looks like an operating room)
7. Custom wall graphics
8. Stero system with CD changer(for tunes inside and out)
9. Locker room area (for storage of helmet, firesuit, gloves, shoes, and detailing suppllies)

I still have to add my tool chest and tools, but I don't do that much mechanical work. I leave that to the experts. Let me know what you think.

John:w :v

Home Sweet Home...:beer

John,

Very nice! However, I have to ask: how much space is between the roof of the C4 and the ceiling??? :L :L

WOW :eek Looks GREAT! I like the pattern on the back wall ;)

I am getting ready to re-do my garage - the one for the Vettes (there is no hope for the one where the DD's go :( )
I will have to do some before & after's like you did - NICE!!!!!!!! :m

"semi finished"???? What else is left?

It looks great. I'm jealous!

Rob only 6". I love it when a plan comes together!:D
Rob said:
John,

Very nice! However, I have to ask: how much space is between the roof of the C4 and the ceiling??? :L :L

How tall is it from the floor to the garage door when its up. I'm trying to see how much room I would need to have with a lift and my c4 on top.
-=Rick

The garage looks great! I had a few battles with the City of Birmingham myself, but that was many years ago - some things never change :eyerole

BlackNBlue95 said:
How tall is it from the floor to the garage door when its up. I'm trying to see how much room I would need to have with a lift and my c4 on top.

-=Rick
It helps a lot to get your garage door sucked up as close to the ceiling as possible; your garage guy can convert a sectional door system to a "high-lift" setup like this; my horizontal tracks are only 8" from my 12' ceiling, so I can open the door fully with the car at max working height.

DoorLift.JPG

:beer

Nice use of available space. looks great. I've got one of those hot dawgs,they work great.

Excellent project, great plan, super build quality & I'm envious of the final outcome!!!! Man that is one nice toy box, John!!!:upthumbs I could spend way too much time in there;LOL Enjoy!!!

vetahlk said:
Over the winter I did a few additions to my garage. Check them out athttp://community.webshots.com/user/vetahlk listed in the garage file. Let me know what you think. I put a lot of time into the tire tracks painted on the floor.
John

John,
You did a great job on the garage...I really like it. Do you have dimensions available? I'd be interested, as I'm thinking of putting up a garage later this year. Thanks in advance,

-John

I can't get into the link ;help

SPANISHVETTS said:
Very nice.:upthumbs
How did you do the tire tracks?

Quit teasing me... you know I can't see what you are talking about!!!

SPANISHVETTS said:
Very nice.:upthumbs
How did you do the tire tracks?
It took all of about 5 minutes to paint each track, but took about 4 hrs to layout and tape each one. I think the results were well worth the time. The soft rubber tracks left by the tires no longer have to be cleaned frequently. If you would like to know how I laid them out and the dimensions/size of tape etc. I will be happy to share that when I have a little more time to write the information up. Just let me know. I have posted more pictures of the process at http://community.webshots.com/user/vetahlk look in the file tire tracks.
John:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom