Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Paint Thread

ZumZum

Corvette
1988 Dark Red Coupe
I didn't want to keep jamming up the C4 pictures thread. So....

Here's some "before" pictures

DSC00295.jpg

Bills005.jpg

Bills002.jpg

Bills001.jpg

The "after" pictures. Also notice the difference in ride height.

paint008.jpg

paint009.jpg

paint007.jpg

paint005.jpg

I also have pictures of the start to finish process. I don't have them in digital format yet so I'll post them up as soon as I get them processed.:beer

Wow, your before pictures are pretty close to what mine looks like now. I've got faded bumper paint, scratches, and spots along the edges where the fiberglass has lifted (starts with the paint having some small bubbles).

The after pic's look great, that's a nice paint job!

She look's great:upthumbs What did you do to change the ride height:confused That added to the whole new look :upthumbs:beer

Wow! The after pics look awesome! I've always loved that color! The height looks much better in the after pics. I've put the lowering kit on 2 C4's. The back isn't that bad....the front is a different story.

She look's great:upthumbs What did you do to change the ride height:confused That added to the whole new look :upthumbs:beer

Thanks. I bought the lowering kit from Mid-America

Wow! The after pics look awesome! I've always loved that color! The height looks much better in the after pics. I've put the lowering kit on 2 C4's. The back isn't that bad....the front is a different story.

Yeah. Lowering the back is snap. Truthfully, if I had known what was involved with lowering the front I may have reconsidered that decision. But, having done it once, it may not be so bad to ever do it again.

Looks great! I like the Dark Red... Tell me about the rims in the earlier photos? I like those. :thumb

:wJane Ann

Thanks. The rims that were on the car when I bought it are ARE's. They were 16x8.5. They weren't the proper offset either. They were rusted up and had a couple center caps missing. Of course the caps aren't available any more. I'm really happy with the 17x9.5/17x11's that are on there now.

Here's another view of the old rims that shows how they stuck out of the fenderwell.
exh2.jpg

... Truthfully, if I had known what was involved with lowering the front I may have reconsidered that decision. But, having done it once, it may not be so bad to ever do it again.

Agreed. If I ever have to do that again, might look into coilovers instead :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom