Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My Thanksgiving Turkey. NOT SO GOOD!!!

Z

zgator

I wrecked my 82 CE. I know there are some of you that allready know this but I was behind this SUV saftly behind. I don't tailgate, ever.Anyway as we approched a traffic light it turned yellow, the lady in the SUV sped up to make the light. I knew I wouldn't make it so I got off the gas turned to the pass seat to get my radio remote as I looked up the lady changed her mind and decided that she was going to stop. I slamed into the back of her. My seatbelt didn't catch so my head went into the windshiels and inside mirror. My head broke the glass. Now I have a broke nose,staples in my scalp a huge black eye and a cut over my eye. I was bleeding so bad that it was all over the interior,all in my hair,down my face onto my clothes and onto the pavement.The drivers front fender is compleatly torn off and the rest didn't fair much better. The Ins adj. is a big car guy and is making sure I get all NOS or used GM. He also knows my body man real well. I told him what the NADA lists my car at and his source told him the same thing.I'll be getting my car into the body shop this fri.The car is going to need a total re-paint that makes me happy as my paint even tho' original is a little thin shall we say in a few places. The T-tops are fine as is the rear window.My drivers door won't latch shut but that had just started giving me problems about a month ago. I got it latched and had to open the pass door and power down the drivers door so I could reach inside to open it and that the only way it would work right so that will be fixed.I guess there is and up side to this.

Damn !!!!! I hate when people do that!!!!!! :mad :mad
Anyway glad your alright and the vette is repairable....
aside from the bumps and bruises,everything will be okay!!!:upthumbs

That stinks, Zgator.. :mad

Sounds like a mess (You and the car).

Here's to hoping you get it all sorted out. If you need a part or something let me or the 82 CE Guys know.. ;)

:w
-Stefan

That stinks, Zgator.. :mad

Sounds like a mess (You and the car).

Here's to hoping you get it all sorted out. If you need a part or something let me or the 82 CE Guys know.. ;)

:w
-Stefan
Will do thanks a bunch!!:beer

I wrecked my 82 CE. I know there are some of you that allready know this but I was behind this SUV saftly behind. I don't tailgate, ever.Anyway as we approched a traffic light it turned yellow, the lady in the SUV sped up to make the light. I knew I wouldn't make it so I got off the gas turned to the pass seat to get my radio remote as I looked up the lady changed her mind and decided that she was going to stop. I slamed into the back of her. My seatbelt didn't catch so my head went into the windshiels and inside mirror. My head broke the glass. Now I have a broke nose,staples in my scalp a huge black eye and a cut over my eye. I was bleeding so bad that it was all over the interior,all in my hair,down my face onto my clothes and onto the pavement.The drivers front fender is compleatly torn off and the rest didn't fair much better. The Ins adj. is a big car guy and is making sure I get all NOS or used GM. He also knows my body man real well. I told him what the NADA lists my car at and his source told him the same thing.I'll be getting my car into the body shop this fri.The car is going to need a total re-paint that makes me happy as my paint even tho' original is a little thin shall we say in a few places. The T-tops are fine as is the rear window.My drivers door won't latch shut but that had just started giving me problems about a month ago. I got it latched and had to open the pass door and power down the drivers door so I could reach inside to open it and that the only way it would work right so that will be fixed.I guess there is and up side to this.
:eyerole

:w Z

I hate hearing about these things... Accidents happen, but it should be the "regular" cars that get damaged ;) Hopefully none of your injuries are serious, if not,... just tell everyone you were jumped by 3 muggers and you whooped their butts ;)

Seriously,
I liked reading about the insurance adjuster you had. May I suggest you take lot's of photo's of it BEFORE the body shop starts on it, ALSO if you have any questions about the repairs, take someone that is into NCRS along with you to inspect it before accepting it. Oh and don't forget to tell them to fix the seat belt restraint or change it out... I wonder how many of our old Corvette restraints still work :eek

Take care and here's hoping for a very professional, uneventful repair and restoration :beer

Bud

Hey, I'm glad you're okay... could've been much worse. You can always replace your Vette. I hope you get well soon.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom