Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

My with red/black interior?

Pseudomind

Corvette
2002 MY Roadster
My 2003 Z06 with black/red interior?

Just curious, anyone else on the boards have the 2003 Z06 Millennium yellow with the red/black interior?

I just got mine and I like what the person I purchased from had made for the center console pad, the black/red shift boot and the steering wheel cover. I do not know where he had them made. I especially like the Z06 logo on the center console pad..

We have a good many millennium yellow owners here, but I am pretty sure I haven't seen any MY Z06's on here with a red interior. Unless the owner was being shy about posting pics :)

Millennium Yellow is pretty bold, but MY with a red interior... that is REALLY bold.

The extent of my boldness is the red lettering inserts on the Corvette logo on the back and front :L

Tammy

Balancing Act with Colors

The pictures just do not do the interior justice, as I look at the sellers pictures over and over, but once you see it, it actually blends in quite nicely. Being possibly a bit biased though, I believe the addition of the red/black leather steering wheel cover and the shift boot, does something to balance it all out.

I think it looks very good. I like that there is still plenty of black in the interior to balance it out. I can't really see the logon on the console cover, but I like the red trim.

Looks like he has what is commonly called a MOD/RED interior option, which has the red door/dash/seat inserts. To that he added (what looks like) a Vette Essentials shift boot, and a wheel cover and console cover from Eckler's?

I had forgotten about Eckler

Thanks! I suppose they, (Eckler) are still in business. I know I had one of their catalogues back in 1990 when I had an 81.

I have torch red with mod red interior. As far as I am concerned...mod red should have been standard! It's the best.

I special ordered my 04 MY/ModRed Z in Oct. 03. Just doing the quick % breakdown on 04's, i estimate about 35-40 were built with this combo.

Jack

Oak Transplant

I have a yellow '04 Z and I am considering installing an Oak interior. Yellow verts with oak interior & oak top look great, and are rather hard to find. Any thoughts?

toolluster said:
I have a yellow '04 Z and I am considering installing an Oak interior. Yellow verts with oak interior & oak top look great, and are rather hard to find. Any thoughts?
Do you plan on using a oak interior out of a C5?

Yes, I plan to use interior parts from C5's; door panels, glove box, driver's knee bolster (under steering wheel), seat covers, and oak floor mats & trunk matt.

Yes, I like the added color to the interior. The red/black looks great. My plan is to replace the entire seat covers etc with oak...just like the stock coupes with oak interior.

Jays Z06 said:
I have torch red with mod red interior. As far as I am concerned...mod red should have been standard! It's the best.

I agree. I LOVE that interior. I've seen it in C5's, and I saw a photo of a '95 ZR1 that had one. They are quite beautiful IMO. Too bad GM isn't like Harley, who takes a good look at what the customer does to their stock Harleys, and then puts those mods into production. That interior would be an easy sell if it was in production. -John

JJS said:
Too bad GM isn't like Harley, who takes a good look at what the customer does to their stock Harleys, and then puts those mods into production.

ERRRRR, UYMMMMM..... Mod Red IS an option?!?!?:confused

Oh, Sh*t, GM really done good!:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom