Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Myth Busters 87

corvette66

Corvette
1969 427
Anyone see the 87' the myth busters trashed on the X-mas episode?
They took a very nice 87 and put a dead pig into it, and sealed it up for a few months. When they pulled it out, the intreior was completely destroyed, looked like the gases from the decaying corps just ate everything. The idea was to see if someone were to die in an expensive vehicle would it ruin the car (ability to sell a sticky car) They sold the car for $2,000, but could hardy get near the car even with silver suits and resperators.
was a real shame, could have used a honda

This is a very old episode (several years, at least) and I've seen it.

The guys are fun and I love what they do, but you're right - they should've used a Chevette. ;)

Unfortunately, I've seen it.
Excuse me while I say this: "What a buch of a--h---s."

Sorry for the editorial comment. :D

Yea, I've seen that episode. They used a Corvette because the "Myth" was that this guy died in a Corvette and it stunk so bad they couldn't sell it afterwards. If I remember correctly this is one myth that they said was probably correct.

But I am with you guys, they could have used any car for the test.

I feel like in a way they gave corvette's a big compliment in this show, even though they sacrificed one. Think about it like this, to follow all the way through with the myth, they had to pick something that would be a normally (relatively) expensive car that they were sure lot's of people would love to have one of. They needed to see if a car that would be someones dream car would be passed up at an affordable price due to smell. Nobody would even blink at a chevette with a stench, a corvette with a smell though still left a lot of people trying to decide if it would be worth it.

Yea, sad way to see one go...but I also think kind of between the lines they just called the corvette, america's number one dream car.

that is true didn't look at it that way. Your right!!! I guess at the moment i was just bum'n. Now that I think of it, that is quit a compliment

I believe the guy that bought the 87 from them after its ordeal was going to part it out. What a disgusting way to kill a corvette. It looked to be in pretty good shape before adding the pig.

yeah the guy who baught the car did indeed say he was going to part it out, and was only interested in the motor and trani. I find that to be very odd, the trani and motor really are not worth that much if you have ever priced that stuff, i think the real buck is made on the body. doors, bumpers, hood, quarter panles, and roof tops seem to bring in a lot of $$$.

A clean running L98 engine and tranny can be had in the $2,000 range, sometimes less. He will easily make a profit if he sells all the body panels, suspension components, wheels and tires, and the drivetrain. Perhaps he wanted the engine for a project car and planned to part out the rest of it. That's if all those parts don't stink like the interior.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom