Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Mythbusters "Dead pig in vette"

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
This show might be a re-run however it is my first time viewing. On the Discovery channel, there is a program called mythbusters. I have viewed the show several times and really enjoy it. However this episode has them buying a sweet silver 87 coupe. They want to buy this car, put a dead pig in the car and let it sit for two months. Then attempt to get the smell out of the car and try to re-sell it. I will let you know how it goes when the show is over.

Craig

It's a re-run and. . . well, I don't want to spoil it! :)

I feel like crying. This is a really nice C4. I cant believe it. For anybody who hasn't seen this episode, I have mixed feelings about telling you to see it. I am really depressed. The show isn't even over yet.

Craig

Seen it a while back; have to admit, brought a tear to my eye ...

Yes in the episode it looked like a really clean 87. I think they sold it for like 2 thousand or something when they couldnt get it started without the interior. Very sad. Why didn't they pick a Ford :L .

Justin

I have a friend who's a COP and he told me about a Vette for sale through thier impound lot, it was a 2001 vette that someone was killed in and the body was there for some time.

They were selling it for $5000 Ca, apparently the smell get's right into the paint and plastics and everything.:puke

Mart

I think this myth started because one of the Adolph Coors boys drove his Vette up in the Co. mountains and either killed himself in it or was murdered and the car wasn't discovered for some months. Supposedly the body was the consistency of Peanut Butter. They tried to auction the car at a very reduced price and it never sold and was destroyed due to the smell. At least that the story I heard from a friend of a friend of the second cousin twice removed from the third wife of Adolphs. :confused

Randy

Here I was trying to enjoy a little breakfast... but Randy, that is just TOO much :puke

vette-dude said:
Supposedly the body was the consistency of Peanut Butter.
Had to put down the toast pretty quick man :L

Here I was trying to enjoy a little breakfast... but Randy, that is just TOO much :puke
Sorry I ruined your breakfast!!! Guess it was a little graphic :eek !

Randy

The episode first aired about 6 months ago and caused quite a stir in the Corvette community then. Guess the show got a number of letters about their choice of car and even why it was done anyway. It was a waste of a decent car not to mention bacon and pork chops....

This show really brought a tear to my eye - my last Vette was a silver '87 that I owned for 15 years!

GT

I believe that show was making reference to the old story that has been around for years --- " Do you want to buy a vette cheap - only one problem - someone died in it ". Steve

I think they chose a 'Vette because they knew it would draw more attention... increased viewership. I saw it a couple of months before I got my sweet04. . .broke my heart!

Susan
:w
:v A lot!

Sorry about draging up an old issue, but this was the first I had seen or heard of this stunt. I dont have ill feelings towards the show, I honestly think they thought they could clean it. The pigs made a terrible mess, more than they bargained for. However what I want to know is why did the previous owner sell the car to them, knowing what they were gonna do. I know I wouldn't sell any car knowing what they were about to do.

Craig

Ok...I need to know how the Vette/Pig smell ends.
Someone please pm. me.
Thanks in advance:w

Mythbusters

Some stories have lasting power! When I was in high school in the 60's there was a story about the guy who died in his Vette and wasn't found for a couple of months. At that time price for car was $200.00 but no one knew how to get smell out??;LOL :beer Ike

End of storie money talks and all the rest walk's.

Vett was parted out and the best hasmath team could not clean the car.

C-4 Now said:
Some stories have lasting power! When I was in high school in the 60's there was a story about the guy who died in his Vette and wasn't found for a couple of months. At that time price for car was $200.00 but no one knew how to get smell out??;LOL :beer Ike
The first time this story was told to me I was a junior in high school, way back in the middle of the last century. It has been repeated many times in many different ways but the car is always a Vette:eyerole.

I can’t believe that this TV show was stupid enough to try this…anybody who has ever smelt rotten flesh knows that the stench is forever!:(

;) TV of this quality is one of the 3 reasons that I left America…the other two change from time to time but are currently centered around our lack of choices for President. ;LOL

i thought this show was somewhat stupid, but i now think they are desperate to get ratings. i have personally smelled rotted human flesh and the thought of these two idiots doing it on purpose is just beyond me they should of put a dead cat in a cardboard box and hide it in one of their homes.lol.mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom