Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(Natl' C'vette Museum) C4 Gathering 2009 - Your Input NEEDED!!!

*89x2*

Folks, after wrapping up the C4 Gathrering last week at the NCM, we are looking to get a leg up on the planning for next year's event. Please read on...

The working title/theme as of right now, is "Mules & Milestones."

We have available for us, one of the 1985 Twin Turbo Corvette "mules" and a neat thing coming tothe NCM is a rotating table where we can see under and around the car :cool

Past Engineers such as, Jim Minneker, would be of interest to have. His name is on a 1988 Priveledged Presentation box @ the NCM ;)

What are your thoughts and ideas for this event?

Looking to reach out for greater participation, your feedback is gladly welcomed. The reps from the Grand Sport and ZR-1 Registry and I will be talking on a quarterly basis until the new year, then monthly to plan this. :cool

How can we serve your interests???:beer

Sounds great, Chris. By all working together, we can make the annual Gathering event at the NCM something really special for ALL C4 owners.

Let's do it! :beer

We have available for us, one of the 1985 Twin Turbo Corvette "mules" and a neat thing coming tothe NCM is a rotating table where we can see under and around the car :cool
That should be great to see! I doubt we'll get to hear it fire up like those Challenge cars, but you never know...

That would be cool.:cool Mabe we could have a display of several `mule' cars. Lance's C6, my C5 Z06 and some others. That would be even cooler.:cool:cool

That should be great to see! I doubt we'll get to hear it fire up like those Challenge cars, but you never know...

Yep ;)

Sounds great, Chris. By all working together, we can make the annual Gathering event at the NCM something really special for ALL C4 owners.

Let's do it! :beer

I agree - I just cross posted this to the C4 General Forum here :w

That would be cool.:cool Mabe we could have a display of several `mule' cars. Lance's C6, my C5 Z06 and some others. That would be even cooler.:cool:cool

Those fit the "Mules & Milestones" for sure :cool

SO IT IS NOT LIMITED TO C4 CARS?????:ugh
I'd hope that would be the focus/majority of them. But how many are there? The '83 mule(s), a few ZR-1 mules, that twin-turbo mule Chris mentioned, what else?

There's that '95 GS "mule" but I've never really understood the deal with it. What were they testing out, if blue would stick to the panels? :confused

I'd hope that would be the focus/majority of them. But how many are there? The '83 mule(s), a few ZR-1 mules, that twin-turbo mule Chris mentioned, what else?

There's that '95 GS "mule" but I've never really understood the deal with it. What were they testing out, if blue would stick to the panels? :confused

The 95 GS "mule" was to validate the LT4 and also the F45 suspension.

it also helped trial the visial parts of the option. Paint stripes varied on the first few cars, or got none at all... GRANDSPORT as one line vs. two lines/words and the body colored door handles (which did not make the cut)

There are active suspension ZR-1s, a 12 cyl. vesion, the Big Block ZR-2 mule. I think as interesting as the cars are, it would be cool to have the PEOPLE who were behind them, there at the event as well.

Got any names to drop??? :m

Also, Maybe Mules & Milestones could include C5s, as their event is close in date... ;shrug

Chris, Mabe a pole on the topic would be good, just C4's or include the others `mule' cars. Sounds likes not everyones knows of the others. :cool

Not sure if this is the kind of input you're looking for, but I went to the Gathering for the 1st time this year. I had a good time, but after 6:00, there wasn't too much to do with the other Corvette guys (not that I was aware of).;shrug
I think it would be cool to have a concert to go to as part of the event. Some of the older bands might be able to get together for something like this, like Blue Oyster Cult, BTO, etc...(maybe too pricey):confused
Possibly somebody like a Led Zepplin cover band?

To me, that sounds like a cool idea to see in the Chevrolet Theater on Friday night. :Twist :guitar:_rock:dancenaughty:booty

I hear ya' on what to do after 6:00 in BG. Not a lot to do.

On Thursday night, I went out with a bunch of guys from some of the other registries and then crashed. I think most then went to a bar.:cool

The Holiday Inn has a bar inside, but some tailgated in the parking lot...

Bands would be fun and for some of the larger shows, they try to have one night of entertainment however, the cost is a BUNCH!

Mike Yager's Funfest has something like that and while cover bands are expensive, he has actually gotten the Beach Boys, REO, and Three Dog Night in recent years. Each act is in the million dollar range for a couple hours!:crazy

Keep the ideas flowing - I will take these to Roc and Adam at our next meeting on the matter :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom