Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

nav systems c5

Guys,
As promised, however, I apologize for the delay, attached are two photos of the Magellan 300 mounted in the dash. I did not shoot any of the actual procedure, but for anyone interested, I can go through the steps and what to watch out for. In short, you can benefit from my mistakes. Look forward to hearing from y'all
Jeff

Guys,
As promised, however, I apologize for the delay, attached are two photos of the Magellan 300 mounted in the dash. I did not shoot any of the actual procedure, but for anyone interested, I can go through the steps and what to watch out for. In short, you can benefit from my mistakes. Look forward to hearing from y'all
Jeff

So tell me....how do you hear the audio? I have the Magellen 800 and the speaker is in the back of the unit.....brilliant isn't it? I'm hoping whatever you did might help me hear it more then I can now.;help

I cut out a small piece of the plastic mounting plate where the speaker is. It works OK. I don't recommend blasting the radio or going topless when you really need the directions, but other than that I have no problem hearing the instrudtions
Regards~
Jeff

I'm trying to put a visual to this.Its funny I really don't have a hearing problem but for some reason (and only thing I can think of is because the speaker faces the windshild) I have trouble hearing this unit.I wonder if there is a way to put it thru the stereo.;shrug

I just got the 660 last week. It was so easy to use right out of the box. I really like the hands free phone feature. I have had people tell me it sounds better then talking through the cell phone. I also noticed it announces turns much sooner then the streetpilot unit my nephew has. Pricey but well worth it.

GKrenn now that you have had it for a bit , hows it working, any dislikes? Does the blue tooth speakers go throught the car stereo?

I have not found a single dislike with the 660. The bluetooth connectivity is to communicate with your cell. You can set the 660 sound to be directed to your stereo through its internal FM modulator but would have to your stereo tuned to a specific frequency to utilize this feature. The speaker in the 660 is more than acceptable on its own.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom