Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Navigation Functionality Outside of North America

rodinoma

Corvette
2008 Coupe
A small number of Corvette owners take their cars overseas, either because they are members of the Armed Forces or because they move overseas or simply to enjoy driving conditions that are very different from those found in NA. Most US-homologated Corvettes will end up in Europe but not all. Australia is a favorite destination, especially now that the US military is beefing up its presence in the Northern Territory capital city of Darwin. Anyway, the question I wanted to ask was whether anyone has had problems making their C6 navigation system work overseas?

A small number of Corvette owners take their cars overseas, either because they are members of the Armed Forces or because they move overseas or simply to enjoy driving conditions that are very different from those found in NA. Most US-homologated Corvettes will end up in Europe but not all. Australia is a favorite destination, especially now that the US military is beefing up its presence in the Northern Territory capital city of Darwin. Anyway, the question I wanted to ask was whether anyone has had problems making their C6 navigation system work overseas?

About to find out. Just got my 2012 ZR1 converted to RHD for Aus. There are plenty of rumours but I have not found anybody that has a fully functional C6 factory GPS working here. I was told that the units in Subaru's are from the same manufacturer and so I am about to try a friend's disc with local mapping but don't expect too much without going further. If somebody has worked it out that would be great - otherwise I'll just drive to places I know.

The problem of the poorly functioning Nav system was solved in Europe by using a 2006 or earlier European disc. The later discs had some additional software code written on them that impeded their functionality on US-homologated Corvettes. I believe the nav system was built by Denso. You might call Denso Australia and befriend a software engineer who might customise an Aussie CD from another manufacturer so that it works in the Vette. There is a work around for this problem with a bit of persistence. Congratulations on your purchase.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom