Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Navigation System Update Discs

It's dying!!!

Well looks like the comments are dying........we're not going to accomplish anything if all 05' C6 owners don't contact and complain to GM, I'm tellin ya they are screwing the 05 owners.....unless we can get a 06' owner to burn us a copy of the new updated DVD......but I can tell you Big GM is not going to give in......they got our money.....and that's that!

I have sent a large number of emails and always get the same 'canned' response. It has always been the same response, word for word. Considering that this is just a 'canned' response I can see they really don't care. Phone calls also received the same canned answer.

Ya gotta read this!!

You want to hear something funny, I called and talked to someone and complained and was basically told GM was going to do NOTHING unless I owned a 06 or later C6, and if I owned a 05....well too bad!!
But I guess to make the pain a little less I was told I was going to be mailed a $200.00 off certificate so the next time I took my car in for service I could use it...???
:confused
GO FIGURE....If they would just upgrade the DVD it would cost them less than the $200 that they are going to give me off my next service....WHAT KIND OF FRICKING IDIOTS WORK AT GM......????Do they use calculators?
So my advice is to call, and gripe and moan and groan and you to can (maybe) get a certificate good for a few bucks because they sure as heck aren't going to give us 05' C6 owners the upgrade to the DVD that would be just to much!!!!!MORONS all of them!!!
:crazy

Considering the upgrade DVD for my 2004 CTS-V is $199 + shipping, the $200 certificate is a wash. I'm supposed to have my new disc in July for the "V" but I can't get an upgraded disc for my '06 coupe until it's a year old - next January. At least "MY" Vette's disc will be free.

It's only free if you own a 2006 or later.........anyone owning a 2005 ain't gettin nuttin free!!!

Tuna said:
Considering the upgrade DVD for my 2004 CTS-V is $199 + shipping, the $200 certificate is a wash. I'm supposed to have my new disc in July for the "V" but I can't get an upgraded disc for my '06 coupe until it's a year old - next January. At least the Vettes disc will be free.

I just made 3 calls in a row to GM with my complaint. The first two 'customer assistance' people only documented my complaint and basically said there was nothing they could do. The third guy really seemed to care and told me he was going to see what he could do to personally get it done. He asked some questions and said he would take this issue for a management review and somehow get me some satisifaction and he would be calling me back with information on Monday. It was very refreshing to actually talk to someone that really was 'customer assistance' and just not someone with the canned sorry, nothing we can do answer. We will see what happens.

Good for You!

Good for You Lucy, keep us informed, I'm telling you if enough of us gripe, complain, moan, groan and Bit*h, maybe just maybe GM will get off thier Duff and do the right thing! I think persistance is the name of the Game...
Lucy64 said:
I just made 3 calls in a row to GM with my complaint. The first two 'customer assistance' people only documented my complaint and basically said there was nothing they could do. The third guy really seemed to care and told me he was going to see what he could do to personally get it done. He asked some questions and said he would take this issue for a management review and somehow get me some satisifaction and he would be calling me back with information on Monday. It was very refreshing to actually talk to someone that really was 'customer assistance' and just not someone with the canned sorry, nothing we can do answer. We will see what happens.

I've e-mailed them everyday for the last week. Never get anything but the canned Bla, Bla, Bla . Will start calling next week

Lucy64 said:

The customer assistance manager called me back yesterday to tell me that he took my issue to the management review board and was approved to reimburse me for the cost of one update. He told me to go the the Chevy dealer and get my DVD and send the receipt along with a letter addressed to him and he would send me a check to cover the costs. I didn't get the two updates that the 2006 owners get but I am satisified with the outcome. It was refreshing to see that someone at Chevrolet followed up on what he promised. As I said in my previous posting, I had to call 3 times in a row to find this one rep that really understood and didn't just give me 'the canned answer'.

CONGRATS!

Congrats Lucy......I'm gonna call back and call back and write until I get that darn update free.......and we all need to do the same thing!!

Lucy,
I have been calling and still they won't budge, It's really a sad thing, they are bending over backwards to satisfy the 2006 and later owners but basically telling us 2005 owners, go GET SCREWED, that is so unfair...I am not giving up, GM/CHEVY are going to be sorry they sold me a Corvette, I'm gonna send them an email every day for the rest of my life if I have to, but I'm gonna get that upgrade..........what we should do is collectively buy one and then make copies and give them out "FREE" to every Corvette Owner in the Country.......LOL!!!

I sent everything to my rep at GM that promised me my refund of the purchase of the DVD as he promised. Then yesterday I got a voicemail from the rep telling me that I now have to fax evidence of ownership of the car along with a short letter. I sent a short letter with my receipt for the purchase 2 weeks ago now he wants evidence of ownership. He didn't state what evidence of ownership he wants, I assume my car registration. I don't have easy access to a fax so I called and left a msg for him asking if another mailing is ok or if I have to search out a Kinkos or such to use a fax, I also asked what specific evidence of ownership he wants. I have not heard back from him as of this morning. This is turning into a real game, but I will get my $$ back. The idea of making copies is illegal for sure, and I have heard that there are problems burning copies of these discs.

Hi,
it's too very difficult for me, having an upgrade of my europe dvd....

I got another call from the rep today and then mailed him a copy of the registration. He swears that this is all he needs and my $$ will be sent when he receives it. Keep after them and I suggest just sitting at the phone making one call after another until you get what you deserve. That is what I did, and I just may get my $$ refunded some day soon. I will keep y'all posted on the outcome.

Just posted another email and about the 100th call but all I get is the same old Bla...bla...bla:mad :r Will not give up as long as I own this vett

I determined early that email to them is a total waste of time. You have to get on the phone and just keep calling. I called around 20 times over 3 days and finally got someone on the phone that would listen to me and seemed to understand why I was unhappy. The rest only gave me the 'canned' answer that you get on the email. I finally got a rep on about the 20th call that actually did something for me. Just get on the phone and keep calling until you get satisfaction.

All you can do is just keep trying, but I think it's kinda hopless!! The 2005 users are gonna get the shaft!

I received my refund check from Chevrolet yesterday. Y'all just have to keep calling. It should not be that way, but that is how it is. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom