Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NCM's 2005 C5/C6 Bash - April 21-23, 2005

That sounds great. I wonder if I could squeeze in 2 trips to BG in 2005 ! :eek

6 Shooter

Do you know if they are going to have the go-cart races again that weekend?

April 24th - Corvette Go-Cart Race

C5 CRZN said:
6 Shooter

Do you know if they are going to have the go-cart races again that weekend?
Just got off the phone with Chad from Prime Time Events - the Corvette Go-Cart Race:Steer is scheduled for April 24th.

:vWere coming home for a week or so and since my Corvette won't be making the trip could you see if yours has plenty of gas? I'm pretty sure I'll need a Corvette fix when I'm home!

Could you also check and see if our driveway has any snow on it :upthumbs and if it does maybe blade it off in your spare time by Monday afternoon.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

The Vette is full of gas, and so far you don't have any snow.
However it is very cold, and there is still a chance for snow.

Mrs Zippy and I have pre-registered and plan on arrivng in BG on April 20th! C-U there!

6 Shooter said:
Hey - Who's driving in next week? ;shrug

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

We are- and we're set with babysitter so we'll be in the vette.
Arriving thursday evening around midnight.

I'll be there, but you know that already. Be sure to have the grill ready to cook something good to eat. :drool:

Susan and I made it here by midnight.
Left Biloxi, MS with 5 Vettes in tow - stopped 4 or 5 times including an hour for dinner at Cracker Barrel just north of Mnt'gmry, AL.

Some sweet Vettes in the parking lot here at the Microtel!
gonna be alot of OOHs and AAHs tomorrow.

and great that we have high speed access here at the hotel too -

Rain

Ran into MS Shroder several times today.

Said she had a WONDERFUL tour of the plant today - wish I had gotten in on that one.

I've toured twice, and each time I end up in the middle or rear of the pack. (half the waiting room per group) So, I have never gotten the spoken part of the plant tour.. Its akin to going to the zoo.. pay 5$ and watch the animals in their cages.. hehe

Just kidding. I loved watching the C5s 2 years ago and the C6s today being built.
But it would be nicer to have a more personal tour sometime.

chilling with a beer at the Microtel!
Rain

6 Shooter said:
Rain - Give me a call. . .

Definatly worth the time, My wife and I spent an enjoyable few hours off the beaten path with Dwayne last October. Thanks again Dwayne, see you in June.
Craig sr.

im in room 111

think we are headed to Nashville tongiht. but open for some fun tomorrow!

Thanks Dwayne - see ya in the AM!
Rain Jaudon

true true - if she was still in need of repair and paint, I could have worked a side trip in.. hahahah

spose to be COLD today with a chance of flurries.... ARGH!
(its pretty up here, but I miss my beach) LOL!

Rain

Dateline: Bowling Green, Baymont Hotel, April 23

WONDERFUL doesn't even begin to describe it.

Dwayne gave us the Ultra Supremo Ultimate Fantastic Plant Tour yesterday. It was beyond words. 3 hours of fascinating, in depth, off the beaten track (off the green track) insider scoop. We learned about the control systems that he works on, saw a Z06 being built, checked out a LS7 engine, sat in and cranked up a 2006, and I was allowed to "give birth to" (crank up for the first time at the end of the line) a black C6 convertible. It was awesome.

And afterward, we gathered at his house so we could clean up the car (no remarks please, Dwayne or Mike :L) and he even provided the buckets, soap, brushes, etc. and he even helped out as Water Boy.

Dwayne, you are the best! :BOW ;worship

Rain, you just have to have the right connections :D (Hopefully you got your own special tour this morning)

Tammy

I DID!!!!!!!! I DID!!!!!!!!

Dwayne Rocks!!!!

Man was that an incredible tour, or what????
Way off the beaten path, answered tons of questions and gave us info that not many people know. Susan and Jada both birthed C6s.
Susans was a silver coupe 6spd. Jada's was a Silver vert, EXPORT!(with the orange reflectors, side marker lights at front qtr pnl, AND the little day time running lights up front as well as the headlight washers), with Z51.

Got to sit in a Z06 too! THAT WAS COOL!!! THe whole group from MS that cruised up with us is SO jealous. hehehehe

Off to the Bash Dinner - I had to go buy more pants - i only packed shorts tshirts and sandals.. hell, im from the beach - what else do ya expect! LOL!

Car is filthy too and its too cold to wash her - brrrrrrr!

Had a wonderful lunch at Mariah's down town and then caught some of the mini Corvette races at the mall. GM plant had a few cars in the heat!

Thanks again, Dwayne - Never be able to repay you but know that I will go far and wide, speaking of your fabulous deeds!!!

Rain

we went to BG last year with the local Corvette Club and never did see the museam; Took the package tour then went around front and met Dwayne by the time we got out ity was time to head home.;LOL

hahaha

I can see that happening! Dwayne is THE MAN!

Made it home -
Still buzzin from that plant tour!

THAT is the way it should be done - Amazing!!! Simply Amazing!!!

The things we were able to do, and see, and learn.. we will not ever forget em -

And getting to chat it up with Joe Spielman right there on the plant floor - that was an unexpected treat!

9 hrs later, we are home - hit the road at 8 am with ice on the windshield.... home to the beaches by 5pm..

Thanks again Dwayne
Rain

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom