Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! NEED A IGNITION MODULE

TRU ZR1

Corvette
1991 ZR1 BRIGHT RED COUPE #235
I FOUND THAT MY NO SPARK ISSUE IS DUE TO THE IGNITION MODULE. SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS ONE AND HOW MUCH. IT IS FOR MY 1991 ZR1.

THANK YOU,
GARY BULLINGTON
BOISE, ID.

I FOUND THAT MY NO SPARK ISSUE IS DUE TO THE IGNITION MODULE. SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS ONE AND HOW MUCH. IT IS FOR MY 1991 ZR1.

THANK YOU,
GARY BULLINGTON
BOISE, ID.

Gary- glad you found the problem!

:upthumbs

thank you.:D if you know of anyone let me know. i dont have 1000 bucks that white racing products wants for one:ugh. im a little strapped for cash so a good used one will work just fine for me.:upthumbs

Try Ebay. Thepartladi has them for around $550

Search on "thepartsladi" as a seller.

Good luck. :beer

LT5 ign. modules are rare, so if you buy used on eBay make sure what you're getting is an LT5 module.

Because LT5 modules are hard-to-come-by and expensive, just let me ask...how'd you determine the module was bad and did you 1) make sure the engine controls and ign. grounds were tight and 2) did you make sure the ign. module connection was clean?

:ughI CHECKED EVERYTHING ON THE CAR. I WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE WIRING HARNESS TO CHECK FOR CRACKS AND BREAKS, THERE IS NONE. THE CRANK SENSOR TESTED PERFECT. THE IGNITION MODULE IS SEEING THE SIGNALS FROM THE CRANK SENSOR AND IT HAS POWER AND GROUND. IT JUST IS NOT SENDING ANYTHING OUT. I CLEANED ALL THE CONNECTORS AND TRIPLE CHECKED THE HARNESS. AND EVERYTHING TESTS PERFACT. IT IS THE IGNITION MODULE. :cry

THANKS FOR THE HELP I APPRECIATE IT.
GARY BULLINGTON
BOISE, ID.

Got a good used ignition module locally. got to love the hook ups, $100!!!!!:D car runs great now!!!!!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom