Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need a welder and your in south fla.

grumpyvette

IM going to let some lucky guy on this site get a screaming deal if they are close by...
http://www.hobartwelders.com/products/stick/stickmate-lx235ac-160dc/

MY brother -in-laws upgrading to a miller mig welder since he found mine is so damn easy and hes been useing it rather than his own welder and HES ask me to find a home for his HOBART STICKMATE 160/235 amp welder that LISTS FOR $608 ,I know for a FACT its a couple years old but has LESS THAN TWO HOURS welding time "TOTAL.. IF THAT"
HE wants $225 and thats firm, but they sell new OCCASIONALLY on EBAY for $300-350 but they are heavy and shipping gets expensive, but list higher in most stores so its a great deal if you live close enought to drive over and pick it up in the south florida area.
this is a good welder for 1/8"-3/8" steel like frames, suspensions,brackets, fabricating cross members and motor mounts, etc and does a decent job on exhausts ETC.
just send me a personal message if your interested (Im not making a dime on this, IM just passing on a good deal I can,t use, but that will help someone)
IF Id didn,t already own
a LINCOLN 300 amp ARC WELDER,
MILLER 252 amp MIG,WELDER
MILLER 330 amp TIG WELDER
and an OXY-ACETOLENE TORCH/TANKS WELDER
ID jump on this myself! as its an excellent first shop welder

well by the time you read this
SebringBill
should be home learning how to weld with a great welder that the rest of you gentelmen passed on!

I did not pass on it grumpy; the shipping to Spain are just too high and I am still happy with my ThermalArc machine.

A few weeks back you posted a bit on the codes on welding sticks. Thanks, like all of your info it got filed away, printed, plasticized, and stuck on the wall.

We use the page you posted several years ago for cropping tubes to be welded several times a week.

Thanks for your informative post and please continue posting same.:BOW

well by the time you read this
SebringBill
should be home learning how to weld with a great welder that the rest of you gentelmen passed on!

Thank you! :beer

IM ONLY TOO GLAD, TO HELP A FELLOW VETTE OWNER OUT

WHY ARE WERE YELLING???;LOL

I'd say that Bill is tickled pink over that deal. Which reminds me that I need to make up a cord for my new Lincoln Mig. I have 3 240v lines in the garage and shop and I still don't have the right plug for the new one. My stack of things that need stuck together is growing so I better get on this.

Yes, I am!

And here's why:

MHLwelder.jpg

That's one spiffy unit. It even came with the wheel/handle option and extra sticks! The next time I'm going by Harbor Freight I'll buy a welding helmet and start havin' fun!:cool

well? have you learned how to form and move a puddle of metalic slurry with an electric arc yet?
got a self darkening helmet yet?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom