Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Need a wheel please

markmark

Corvette
2001 Z51 navy blue metallic coupe
We finally got some sunshine here in California, so I thought it was a good time to pull my 01' coupe out of the garage and show her some love with a bath and a maguires hand wax and massage. I was detailing her last wheel, when I noticed a crack at the base of the spoke heading toward the center of the wheel. Instant devistation came upon me. Now that I am calmed down a bit, I am calling upon my Corvette family and fellow enthusiests. Can someone point me in the right direction to possibly find a used polished alloy 5 spoke premium wheel for the rear of my baby? You guys are the best! Thank you in advance:upthumbs. c5havin. Remember the wave:w

Replacement wheel

This is a great company. They fixed one of my front wheels and I have a 50th AE and they fixed the wheel and painted it just right. You cannot tell the wheel was ever damaged. They ship to anywhere. Give them a ring.:)

www.wheelcollision.com

Or, 1-800-292-rims

This is a great company. They fixed one of my front wheels and I have a 50th AE and they fixed the wheel and painted it just right. You cannot tell the wheel was ever damaged. They ship to anywhere. Give them a ring.:)

www.wheelcollision.com

Or, 1-800-292-rims
Thank you Killian. I will check them out right now. Corvette owners are the best:upthumbs! Remember the wave:wEnjoy the AE!:cool

I have to ask, WHY are your wheels developing cracks at the spokes? But never the less, this company in Bath PA wheelcollision.com is a really great company. You may or may not wish to sent your wheel in exchange or repair? Just a thought. good luck !

I have to ask, WHY are your wheels developing cracks at the spokes? But never the less, this company in Bath PA wheelcollision.com is a really great company. You may or may not wish to sent your wheel in exchange or repair? Just a thought. good luck !
Hey Killian, I e-mailed wheel collision last night and told them of my plight. I got an answer this afternoon from them saying that the crack being near the spoke was a structural integrity problem, and them to repair the wheel was not an option. I am stll racking the brain to figure out why the wheel cracked. Cannot recall hitting any potholes or doing anything else that might have caused a cracked wheel. Will have to consider options for replacement. Thanks for the feedback.c5havin. Remember the wave:w.

I know I read here, or somewhere about a recall on some alum. wheels being porous and losing air. But i've never seen anything about them being weak ! Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom