Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need advice for cams, lifters, pistons 1975 L48

M

MTC_75vette

I have just purchased a 1975 L-48 that has a Pete Jackson drive gear, comp. roller rockers, heads were ported and decked, new Stainless steel valves, 3 angle comp valve job, new Edelbrock Perma Star polished billet Manifold, new Edelbrock 650 Thunderbird 4 barrel carb., Edelbrock tri-angular Elite air cleaner, new super comp. headers, new Flowmaster Delta 40 dual exhaust. Also has new Dewitt aluminum radiator, rebuilt rear, new half shafts, new U-joints, new spindles inner and outer, new seals and bearings with 370 gears.

I want to get some more power from my car and I heard pistons, cam, and lifters are an affordable way to get some good power. I was hoping someone can help suggest what parts I should buy! What compression ratio is ideal?

Thank You!
Mike

Mike, a CompCams XE 268 Cam might be a good choice. I would also consider a stall (torque) converter for some additional HP. This is my next purchase and install.

Jeff,

Thank you I will take a look at the CompCams XE 268. I actually was just about to order a torque converter from jegs, stall speed of 2400 rpm. That what you would recomend?

Mike, I have not done enough research on this to be sure. Although, my brother and I are thinking anywhere from 2400 to 2800.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom