Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need antenna part...have to order but don't know what it's called

Stallion

Corvette
1996 CE LT4
I have my power antenna motor out, and I have to change the "cable" from it, because it's not catching, and so forth. So I was at Mid-America's site to order it, and I thought it was the '68-'82 Cable (http://www.madvet.com/shop?store=4&category=128&frame=1659), but I was wrong. That seems to be the cable going to the motor itself. I just need the cable inside the motor that actually pushes up the antenna.

How can I get this replacement? I don't want to put out and get a whole new motor. That would be rediculous. :(

Thanks! :)

TR

You might be better off getting the assembly and replacing the whole unit. I have found that once one piece of a puzzle goes bad the rest will soon follow.

But I think a $4 try (which I can't imagine this plastic part is more than this much) would be worth it than spending out for the whole motor.

Any idea where I would get this?

Thanks! :)

Actually they do sell a repair klit. It is a mast and the nylon cable which attatches to the motor.

Right, I saw that. But that's not what I need. My antenna, itself, is fine. I just need the little plastic "pusher" inside the motor replaced. That's what I need to find.

What stu shows is what you need. GM calls it a "mast kit" I have used them sucessfully several times.

I didn't think this is what I wanted though. I need to part that is directly in the antenna motor. Is a plastic line that pushes up the antenna. By looking at the pic, this line connected to the antenna didn't seem to resemble the plastic line in there now. :( Any ideas?

Thanks.

TR

Is there any way you can post a picture of what you need?

All the antennas I have seen basically consist of a motor with a gear on it. The gear meshes with a nylon cable with teeth. By moving the cable you get the antenna to move up and down.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you need.

As a side note, some idiot decided to bend the mast on my 87. I had the problem worked out to being no power to the antenna which would probably be a bad relay.

Now I have to get a new mast and the cost of the repair has gone from $10 to $60 and alot more time. Of course I do have an excuse to update the thing to the 88+ Harada.

I'm thinking that nylon cable must be what I need. Your description is in parallel with the part. I just didn't think the one I have in there is nylon, that's all.

I'll order this ASAP to get the antenna motor back up and running.

Thanks!! :)

TR

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom