Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help finding RPO's for a '78

F

firedawg

Hey guys, I need some help finding where the list of equipped RPO's would be in a 78 pace. Thanks!

dang, still trying to figure out which radio came factory with my vette since someone put an aftermarket in at some point in time :mad. Also which of the 2 differnt color tops is factory, bronze or blue since, once again, someone replaced one with the wrong color. kinda been an ongoing task on and off lol

If there's no evidence of a CB radio having been in it(antenna or mike bracket) then it came with an AM/FM/8track which was standard for the Pace Car. The blue tinted tops are standard, and they would be date coded. Look for a 2 letter code and post it. I or someone else can give you the date represented. Myself and others have found our 78 build sheets tucked into the strut rod bracket, mine was held in place by the differential heat shield. Maybe you'd get lucky! Mike

well I'm guessing it had the 8-track since it does have the power antenna, but someone did a half-arsed "restoration" so not 100% sure the antenna is stock, just wanted to check the rpo's, maybe I'll try to search for them some tomorrow.

I went out today to look for that code on my blue top to find a crack in the roof :eek:\ not sure how that happened or if it's been there and I just didn't notice it :mad however I believe the code was NN-7 possibly? also said LOF inside a square... So anyone know where to get a good deal on some tops?;help

They come up on ebay from time to time. Can be a gamble with shipping, tho. Lot of guys have claimed broken in shipping. The "correct" date codes for blue Pace Car tops would be XJ(feb 78), LJ(march), GJ(april) or possibly JJ(may) of course depending on your VIN. These codes are to the right lower of the info stencil. Also, these tops are laminated, not tempered. Aftermarket tops are tempered, which makes for a more durable top. I have aftermarket grey tops on my 78 silver anniversary and to most observers they are identicle to the factory tops.

The build sheet might be taped to the front of the fuel tank, like this one:

scan0031.jpg

Sad to say, that's a bad place for it.

All the Pace Cars were assembled in March, April, and May 1978. Stock date codes would have been appropriate for those months.

:)

Allied Vaughn can supply you with the original dealer wholesale invoice, which has all the options listed and will tell you exactly how the car was ordered and built; they have them for all Corvettes after 1977, regardless where they were built.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom