Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need help identifying dash light - 1980

RockB

Corvette
1980 Blue Coupe, Auto
I have an under dash light bulb not connected and I don't know what it is for. 1980 Corvette. Bulb/socket is in vicinity of center gauge console and wired by a pink wire with thin black line, and a brown wire with white line. Any help? Thanks

Oh, Bubba definitely was here once-upon-a-time.:bash
This is coming out of factory harness though.

Okay, that could be one of two things (i think) 1) your light bulb for the climate controls. This connects to the top of the center console in the middle so the climate controls are lit up OR 2) the light bulb for the gear shifter if an auto.

Got the shift light in place. I do see where it could go at the console top, but looks like there is an attachment piece missing, Not surprisingly.. But I do believe you are most correct on that. Thanks!

Yup, that goes just above and forward of the air vents in the center console. There's a little blue plastic strip that goes in the plastic piece the socket screws into, and it illuminates the climate controls. Not too bad to get to really....

Cool, you all have been a help! I just ordered the piece I need that the bulb socket attaches to. Now I can look for more problems. Funny how one thing leads to another!
Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom