Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need Help, Scratches on dr/ps side windows

D

Dr C5 Corvette

Hi Everyone, having some vertical scratches on my pass side window. I heard it is the inside guide that cause this, however after talking to my friend at the parts counter at chevrolet he said the guide presses against the inside of the window and my scratches are on the outside of the glass. He thinks its the window moulding that you see on top of the door thats causing the problem. Can someone confirm this before I order the door window mouldings.... Thanks Dr C5 Corvette

Hi Everyone, having some vertical scratches on my pass side window. I heard it is the inside guide that cause this, however after talking to my friend at the parts counter at chevrolet he said the guide presses against the inside of the window and my scratches are on the outside of the glass. He thinks its the window moulding that you see on top of the door thats causing the problem. Can someone confirm this before I order the door window mouldings.... Thanks Dr C5 Corvette
Actually he's probly right!!!!The way the molding has a upper seal and a lower seal that has a fuzzy finish that will trap sand and crap in it !! I roll the window down and take the screw out at the front of it and slide them back about 1/2 inch and take them off every once in a while and clean them!!:upthumbs

If the scratches are uniform acros the window it will probably be the dirty molding. The guides do not span across the entire window, so if it was them, the scratches would apear more as vertical stripes and be isolated only to the guide locations.

If the scratches are uniform acros the window it will probably be the dirty molding. The guides do not span across the entire window, so if it was them, the scratches would apear more as vertical stripes and be isolated only to the guide locations.
Actually on a C5, the door glass is bolted to the guides at the bottom of the glass and run up and down on 2 tracks there is nothing that the glass touches inside or outside except the outer molding and the inside seal between the glass and door trim panel!!!:upthumbs

Could have sworn there were two tabs, at least on the inside. I do stand corected, it's been a while since I had the panels off.:BOW

Thanks Junk, ..............Dr C5 Corvette

I roll the window down and take the screw out at the front of it and slide them back about 1/2 inch and take them off every once in a while and clean them!!:upthumbs

Hey Junk,Tried your method and it worked like a charm removed both sides and scrubed them with a dish brush, soap and plenty of water. The felt is still in good shape but they where very grity and dirty. You know Its That New Jersey sandy air;LOL Thanks so much...Dr C5 Corvette

Ps: now I need to get the scratches on the window polished out :eek:hnoes !!!!

Hey Junk,Tried your method and it worked like a charm removed both sides and scrubed them with a dish brush, soap and plenty of water. The felt is still in good shape but they where very grity and dirty. You know Its That New Jersey sandy air;LOL Thanks so much...Dr C5 Corvette

Ps: now I need to get the scratches on the window polished out :eek:hnoes !!!!

Try a West Marine... When I had my boat in Hawaii, the windows are all messed up from salt and mineral staining. They have some great products for removing stubborn staining and scratches on glass... yeah I know GLASS not fiberglass!

Try a West Marine... When I had my boat in Hawaii, the windows are all messed up from salt and mineral staining. They have some great products for removing stubborn staining and scratches on glass... yeah I know GLASS not fiberglass!
:upthumbsDon't you love West Marine? They are one of the best companies that I have ever dealt with.

Boat less now... Looking for a 12 meter Catamaran. Anybody got any leads on a Prout or Solaris at a great price? Find me a boat and I will feed you fresh pinched Lobster and Conch in Grand Turk.:D

Ok, I will Look Into That Thanks............ Dr C5 Corvette

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom