Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NEED HELP WITH ID!!

vette75406

Corvette
1975 White Coupe
I saw a 1969 corvette this week that had a customized body. the front headlights were replaced with single round lights similiar to a 240z mounted outboard on the frontend , factory light opening smoothed out , chrome grille gone and front shaped more to a point than factory , rear body flares also installed . had 427 engine with L88 style hood , car is yellow with black accents such as verticle fade away stripes about 1 inch wide down the rear sail panels. thats all the info I have , car had been sitting more than 10 years and I did not look at it very close. I'm wondering if this was a body kit from the 70's or just someones creative glass work . He also had a 74 model convertible with non-power brakes , which is fairly rare I have found. I dont have a picture , I'm hopeing some one can direct me to more info on this car , any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like a Baldwin-Motion clone. Got pix?

Baldwin-Motion_Corvette_Phase_III_G.jpg

:)

YEP thats it , its possible that its is not a clone , car came from Boston area relatively close to Motion. you can bet I will be taking a closer look now that I have done some research. Funny, car did not interest me much at first , now that I have a idea what it might be I'm quite a bit more interested. Anybody know some links that go indepth about the body modification and options that Motion did to these cars. Ive searched quite a bit found a lot , but cant find any site that lays it all out . Thanks James

Genuine Baldwin-Motion cars are rare. For a fee ($1500 I think), Joel Rosen will certify whether the car in question is the real thing or a clone.

In addition to building cars, Motion sold parts. It's entirely possible a Corvette could have Motion parts on it without being a Baldwin-Motion built Corvette.

FWIW: seller on ebay at the moment has a listing for a couple of pages from an old Motion catalogue. Search 1968-82 Corvette Parts and Accessories and take a look.

:)

i, saw the ebay auction , i also saw a few pages of the big catalog that they had , yes ive seen that they are very rare esp. 69 models , certainly could be a clone i just dont have enought information to determine, thanks for the reply

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom