Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Need help with my 82 Corvette:

lemsedk

Hi from Denmark

I have removed all the emission equipment from my 82 Corvette, and replaced my exhaust with a dual system with short headers no cat and put in a heated O2 sensor, i have some problems with my car when it’s cold it hesitates with the gas but when it's warm it goes perfect, when my car is hot and i park it for lets say half an hour I having these problems, it goes up and down in rews and also stalls, when I try to put it in gear and get the car going all I have to do is floor the speeder and all the problems goes away, I have changed a lot of thing PCV valve, TPI sensor, cooling sensor, new spark plugs and wires, new Accel super coil, cleaned the IAC motors, the car has only done 20000 miles, so nothing is worn down and the computer throws no error codes, but are there something ells that I need to remove or do?

Regards
Lemsedk

hi again .as i posted on another forum i think you have a vac leak.i also would ask why you went to a heated 02 sensor?the heated part may not be working,because you say the problem gets better after warm up.

hi again .as i posted on another forum i think you have a vac leak.i also would ask why you went to a heated 02 sensor?the heated part may not be working,because you say the problem gets better after warm up.

Hi Terry

The heated O2 sensor is because i removed the cat and put on new short headers and a dual exhaust system.

if your o2 sensor is up by the header collector you should not have a problem .try your old o2 and see if it works .removing the cat does not hurt the reading of the o2 sensor .the sensor does not work well when it does not get hot enough. a heated sensor is the fix ,when you have no cat and freeflow mufflers[or no mufflers]and it throws a code.

if your o2 sensor is up by the header collector you should not have a problem .try your old o2 and see if it works .removing the cat does not hurt the reading of the o2 sensor .the sensor does not work well when it does not get hot enough. a heated sensor is the fix ,when you have no cat and freeflow mufflers[or no mufflers]and it throws a code.

Hi Terry

My O2 sensor is in the old place under the car, that's why it's heated, i have checked the open and closed loop with a code scanner and there is no problem there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom