Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

need help with new motor

R

RalleyRed

I just bought a 385 FastBurn along with the HotCam kit,

My question is do I need the kit, or just the hotcam and 1:6 rocker's to get the 430hp/430ftlbs.
Would it be alright to go with rollerrocker's assuming I don't need the kit.

I think I read somewhere that the FastBurn head's already had the LT4 valve spring's.

Also does anyone know what else I need to put this motor together.
I getting a new clutch, I know I need a flywheel. I also want to get an electronic distributor w/ the tach drive.

I'm not a motorhead, I don't know about much of this stuff so anything and everything you can think of even if you think it's simple. Please tell me!!!

Thank's guy's

Rick

When I bought my ZZ4 crate engine, I also needed to buy the oil filter adapter.

Breaking in the motor properly is the most important thing. Run it a little richer, keep it under 3K RPMs for the first 500 miles. Change the oil & filter again and have fun! Those first 500 miles are the longest you'll drive.

When I got my new engine, I grabbed my buddy and just went driving. Hopped on the highway drove 150 miles, then turned around. Not too bad. 300 miles in one day...The next 200 had to wait until the next weekend...

Thanks Evo.

I will follow the break-in directions closely, and I'll check the oil filter situation.

But I've got to find out about the cam, valve spring's and rocker's before I go to far.

Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom