Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Need help with the alarm system

empire5150

Corvette
1984 coupe
Hello all. I just bought an 84 and of course it needs some work. Ive been driving it and every now and then when I unlock it and get in, the alarm will go off and I cant start it. I don't know what the problem is so Im looking for advise on how to fix it and/or looking to see if theres a way to disconnect the alarm/ignition cutoff system? Thank you for any help you can give me..

The alarm setting device is connected to the door lock...the only way I know how to reset the alarm is to use the key on the drivers door...I'm not sure if disconnecting the door switch will disconnect the alarm or not...

I'm not sure if disconnecting the door switch will disconnect the alarm or not...
Would depend on how the alarm fails, would think it would leave it disarmed based on a circuit I've seen for it. But power door locks change the operation slightly. Assuming you have power door locks a fault in that system could leave the alarm active at all times.

Inserting the key into the drivers door lock, then locking and unlocking the door, should reset the alarm......Roger.

Thanks for all the help everyone but what Im asking is how to disable the alarm for good. Because there is a problem with the system somewhere and Im not at the point of fixing it right now. Sometimes when I unlock the door the alarm goes off anyway. I want to disable the system not reset it. Thanks again.....

did you check to see if there is a fuse for the alarm system???

I have tried to reset with key but alarm still is activated and ill not start, help.

Assuming you're vette is an 84 like the one above, you can try to key in the passenger door. if that doesn't work you can try to find the alarm module and unplug it. Or pull the fuse for it if you can find it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom